Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
I'm pretty sure none of them to be honest. You're underestimating how much a jet would cost. Khaitan's revenue was 500cr 2 years back. Even an entry level Gulfstream or Bombardier would cost 10-20 million which means 70-140cr. How much of the 500 cr would the owner take home and how much can he really use to buy and then maintain a jet. In my opinion, I think it's not possible. Renting jets might be pretty easy though, or the clients might have their jets that they could send but I believe no law firm owner would have one.
I once travelled to Mauritius in a private jet of a client when I was at NDA. A deal had to be signed on the next morning and there was no way we could have reached in time on a commercial flight. A private jet sounds sexy but the one I travelled in was not as comfortable as business class travel (I have never travelled first class). Packed food and only soda for drink. No in flight entertainment. But unlimited legroom and a charming pilot were the only added advantage. Plus no waiting for the baggage pickup.
don't know if you're into rap music but just to quote a rapper, "there's levels to this $hit"
It is surprising that NDA doesnt have a jet of its own when it can have a mobile app and a James Bond like research centre. Will definitely boost NMD's ego and give him a huge talking point, plus give him a huge tax advantage. I have heard that he is getting a yacht. Is that true?

Think of this - he can pack the entire team (now that it is fast becoming a nano firm) in the plane to take them to Estonia retreat.
The private jets they're seen in are owned by industrialists who just send them over whenever they want to talk to their lawyers.
Quite honestly, lawyers don’t earn much. Also law firms as an institution are fragile and may break on the personal likes or dislikes of individuals.

Law firms you mentioned and the names you wrote are no where near that.
A law firm might make you decently rich - like a bungalow owner in Mumbai rich. Not private jet/wolf of wall street rich.

At the end of the day, we're just well paid clerks to the private jet owners.
Yup Law firm owners are still not in the big league of Top Industrialists ,Top Investors (HF,PE etc) and Successful Startup Founders .
L&L Rajiv Luthra used to hire (rent) private jet before 2010. Told in an article.
They can easily fly charter jets on pay and hire basis. They cannot own it for sure.
An average CA makes more than a lawyer. In fact, they make better lawyers. Lawyers and doctors could be equated. In so far as your question is concerned, lawyers and like professionals play the second fiddle like supporting cast in movies we watch, while the businessmen and tech guys run the show.

If you want moolah, stay away from the legal profession. Invest the same amount of time in a tech set up, you earn enough for your lifetime by the time you turn 35.
Bullshit, half of tech guys are jobless. Engineering is the biggest scam in India if one comes from a middle class family and wants to make money. There are more seats in engineering than students applying.
Even the owners usually just fly business class. But even once in a while, they use company jets where they are on board or when they accompany the promoters, etc.
Even the Kardashians and British royalty have been spotted flying commercial. Maybe at least have a toe on the ground.
Unsure about law firm partners (even the likes of Zia). But I can imagine someone on the ranks of Salve able go afford a jet.
They could afford renting it for sure.

But they usually fly at the expense of the client.
Probably Cyril Shroff is the only one who can afford a private jet.