Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I am a third-year law student, interning at a law firm in Mumbai. Right now the situation is so that I get assignments that are way beyond my understanding and the associates and partners are not very encouraging so I am scared to ask them doubts. I have done my research, need help to structure my research so that the query is answered properly. I am confused if I should just send my research or tell them the issue which I am facing
As a third-year intern, simply put, you're not expected to know anything. In fact, most interns know very little to be useful to the firm. Being in third year, one should feel reasonably free to highlight what you know nothing about, so that your tasks are assigned accordingly and the firm's efficiency is not hindered.
Please do not encourage that sort of ignorance. There are plenty of things that a student can learn by the time they reach their third year, only if they keep their focus on learning and grab all the opportunities available. If they get guidance from good faculty, then that's a bonus, but even self-learning will help them achieve a lot in this day and age. If third year students aren't expected to know anything useful anyway, then the firm may as well get first and second year students to intern there too, not to mention CLAT aspirants.