Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
Arre bhai, bol toh aise rahe ho jaise roz ka free ka khana maang liye. Ab firm expenses ka bill bhi humse bharwaoge kya?
When you have to save rent and work from home, it’s COVID. And here asking for diwali party. That too without willing to contribute. At least this year you should offer to contribute for lunch because of all rent savings. Why do associates still have college mindset of free pizza?
Because firms still have the mindset of getting associates to bill for 16 hours a day and pay only for 8?
We will pay for lunch once you pay for our increased electricity, coffee and energy charges per month at home. I also pay rent to my family, kya kar loge?
Is a Diwali lunch going to bankrupt the firm? If anything, it would boost morale and tell the employees the firm is not a sweatshop; it is an institution where people love to work and associate with. But that is not what we are going for is it.
Nah, too kanjoos for that. CAM doesn't even let you bill food and taxi to client no matter how late you stay at the office for a matter.

Associates bill 10k an hour and yet they won't spend on a decent 40k laptop that could last 3 years (13k per year). They still use old discarded tech from 5 years ago and claim to be 'ahead of the curve'.
You pay rent to your family to save tax. Even if you don’t, paying to family means you are not paying rent. Simple.

Use the AC less to save on electricity costs. You work in a pretty comfortable environment, you don’t need an AC running always.

Coffee is not part of the job description. I think we should charge for coffee and snacks in office too once we call you back. You can afford one cup at home in your salary.

Finally, idea was not for you to work 8 hours a day. Idea has always been to work 18-19 hours a day. We are here to make money. Not to give you DD and drafting practice. If you can’t make money for us, please leave. We won’t miss you. But you will definitely need another job in 6 months.
Good riddance actually. Only people who enjoy office parties are those without any social life of their own. Oh wait...
Ehhh!?!?

No thanks dude. Itna bhookh-nanga nahi hun main ke apne liye 1 meal na afford kar saku,aur firm se maangu.

I'd much rather have them leave me alone at diwali.
Lol why is this HR on legally India anyway? You're making bizarre arguments. Are you a certain person who recently shifted to a new firm after a split?