Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
I'm relocating and am looking for a safe neighbourhood in Delhi that's around 25-30 minutes from my work, ie. Max Towers, Noida and the Supreme Court/ High Court of Delhi. Civil Lines appears to make a lot of sense, at least on paper! I'm told that it also has a lot of green zones for running and cycling (the ridge area).

Please could someone in the know give me a better picture? Does Civil Lines offer quality housing, shopping avenues and nightlife? I would reckon that the crowd on that side would also be okay. Is it? We are looking to rent.
Sab theek hai dost par cycling aur running space ka kya karna? Ab toh 23 ghante office mei deadlines ko dene honge ye health vagara sab moh maya hai.
Noida isn't that bad to stay. Can consider staying in Antriksh Apartments, Sector 52, which is in the central noida, a good and safe society. Won't be an issue if you travel at night also.
I would prefer living in Delhi, as a matter of safe measure- even if Noida doesn't have other UP problems. Seeking advice from folks who are familiar with Civil Lines. Thanks for your concern.
Kitte khalihar ho be. Pehle broker ka sar khaya hoga, or ab yaha hamara. Apne office walo se pucho na.
What an unsolicited comment. Could've either helped the OP of refrained. This is the kind of negativity which kills freshers in the profession.
Tum bhi kitte khalihar ho be. Dislike kar k ignore maar dete mere troll comment ko? Lekin nai. Bhai/ behen ko gyan dena hai yaha ki kese negativity kills freshers!

P.S. - I have too much time on my hands this week. Please bear with my trolling. Lol!

P.P.S. - I am a PA at a T1, and I am writing this here to give more weightage to my trolling (in the most shallow way). Lol!
PA sahab yaha bakchodi mat karo so jaao abhi, juris ka midsem aa rha hai padh lo kabhi sach me PA ban paaoge
Your best options are in South East Delhi or East Delhi.

Civil lines may be a bit far off, you can look at Mayur Vihar or New Friends Colony, or East of Kailash. There are parts of NOIDA which will also work for you if you are not averse to living there. If you want plotted colonies, Sector 14 and Sector 15A are good as they are well located in NOIDA, in b/w office and SC/HC.

Hope this helps.
I wouldn't relocate, to have my family endure East Delhi! Quality of roads and law and order situation there leaves much to be desired. I have considered South East Delhi, particularly - NFC and Sukdhdev Vihar. The proximity of such addresses to the DND is fully undermined by the nighmarish Faridabad Road and Ashram traffic jams.

Plus Civil Lines has the ridge - which I recognise as a big plus, for health reasons.
You can look at sector 15 Noida..it has 3Bhk super delux apartments.
Keep second option as Civil Lines
Internal roads in Defence Colony/Jangpura are broken and jammed (mostly lawyersπŸ˜›) No place to park in the more affordable parts of Defcol (A Block is a nightmare)/ most parts of Jangpura (some angry resident had my care tyre deflated once long ago). Rent for a 3bhk in Defcol - 90K to 3.5L per month (depending on the block and age of construction). Rent for 3bhk in Civil Lines - 70K to 1.5L per month (depending on the block and age of construction). Yes, while Jangpura is cheaper, it's no place to live (esp of you can afford something better).
I live pretty close to Civil Lines. The area is extremely good and safe from what I've seen. The metro station (Vidhan Sabha and Civil Lines) are on the yellow line and you can basically reach Connaught Place directly in 15 minutes once you're in the metro.

Regarding the ridge area you're referring to, I wouldn't mind going there since it has monkeys and incidents of theft have increased manifold after covid. However, there is a place called Qudsia Bagh where the Civil Lines people go to walk/run.

Though the nightlife as such isn't a highlight since it's a residential area, there is a place where multiple restaurants have come up. Hudson Lane is again 10 minutes by car. The place will get pretty happening once DU opens up.