Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
What's the scene at Indus? Avirup, sudipta and nishant left in quick succession. All head hunters keep recomemending indus, but why these departures? Thought nishant was equity. Also heard of some junior partner departures
Also if that's really the truth - as Insiderr says Indus is not too unhappy about it - all I can say is it only shows on the firm. Perhaps that's why partners are leaving.
It's called musical chairs.
Luthra's cap marks moves to Indus, Indus's Projects, banking etc practice moves to Luthra.
Nothing new here.
Indus is a house of cards... and its rapidly falling apart.. as an ex-Indus, I am not surprised at the developments. Any partner with an independent book would not stay long at this house of cards.
All big & small firms go thru these stages but they should improve the quality of their younger partners.
Basava spoke to me in August before this switch. He did not mention anything about the prospects of IndusLaw to suggest that something is unusually wrong at the firm. He was just not happy with how his career was progressing at IndusLaw. He felt isolated. He came back to NDA as he had prior relationships at the firm. I did aprise him of the torrid time NDA has been going through but he was more focused on the prospects of his own career than that of the firm. So his move is not at all indicative of any trouble at IndusLaw.
The success of past 3-4 years have gone to the heads of partners. The work hours have become crazy while the pay is not keeping up with the sheer increase in work hours. The kind of personal rapport the people had at the firm is no longer relevant. With less pay, extremely unhealthy work timeline gives no reason for associates to stay at Indus. The wave of partners leaving was preceded by a good chunk of juniors and some SAs leaving as well. Only those who are in the immediate promotion track may stay, rest will find other options where work is not this bad on your psyche.
Can you shed light on the reasons for the "The wave of partners leaving"? Any why would Indus be happy for them to leave as suggested?