Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Some examples- love had always been something very romantic to me and something that I kind of longed in life. But one day I read this comment saying, โ€œyo just change the girl, what you think of love is actually just a chemical reaction in your brainโ€ which is true but it kind of ruined the entire thing for me for some reason. Another example, when I came to law school I was nit aware about everything in our society but now that I know it, I am just sad and my life has become too political. Earlier, I'd see a landlord screaming at a peasant but now all I see is capitalism in that. Everytime, i'd watch a cricket or football match, I'd see how manynpeople of colour, religion, caste are in there. As I said everything is too political for me now.

As much as I despise people who are obsessed with physical appearances and make reels and laugh at dumb jokes, I am also jealous of them. They are careless about life and do not think too much. Poor sense of humour is also great, I barely laugh at jokes and imagine being able to laugh at rvcj memes. I am not trolling, I have had this bs superiority complex, not that i impose it on someone but I have always thought of myself as more "advanced" because I was privileged enough to get education to know more stuff. But is it actually the boon that I think of it or is it just a curse which is preventing me from enjoying the little things in life?
I suggest you to first read answers on "how to avoid smoking"question!
That's how Adam and Eve must have felt after taking a bite of that apple.
Yes - but it only means that you have to learn more broader, inclusive and an un-programmed way to order your consciousness in a manner that lends you happiness.

Religion - with its closed loops were perfect for this, but since we now realize that it was just a mental program to condition folks, we don't have the benefit of such a psychological luxury.
Let me attempt to solve it for you. Yes.

Most extremely happy people are generally not that bright, at least not in the traditional sense of whatโ€™s considered bright in Indian or rather any high performance society. While this is a generalisation, most smart people who are happy Iโ€™ve met are either extremely selfish (I.e. they can continue excelling in life and continue being happy - be light basically) or come from very well-adjusted family environment growing up that enables them to cultivate their smarts and also manage to stay away from over-thinking, existentialism and the like.

There are various benefits of being smarter, whether you are smart analytically or philosophically, i.e. deep thinker intense type of personalities. However there are disadvantages which we all know, many small things that give people happiness will not affect you in the same manner, you wonโ€™t enjoy random things because you would think of whatโ€™s the point or think of whatever happened earlier or may happen later, random books / songs / movies will make your over-thinking worse.

Itโ€™s best to understand it and accept that some events will be different for you, but be careful about isolating yourself because of the superiority complex. For many of us, our childhood friends are pretty basic, but over time they are the ones you can still talk to, they know you etc, there are many examples like these where intellect, humour wavelength, and other things cease to matter.

I should also mention that this isnโ€™t a choice, itโ€™s oneโ€™s mental conditioning, genetics what not. Now that Iโ€™m at a certain age for example, Iโ€™ve realized that many of my traits are similar to my parents and whatever I do, I canโ€™t seem to escape it. Itโ€™s not like you can suddenly decide oh Iโ€™d prefer to be light instead as itโ€™s so much more simple and from hereon I will get excited over an office birthday cake - likewise happy people will not grapple with how dumb everyone around them is and how they read Game theory and watch Curb and get it and why canโ€™t everyone reach their level, we are what we are and itโ€™s all about accepting it, trying to manage the part of you that makes your life more difficult for YOU.
It depends on what you are rationalising or what you are focusing your awareness on.
If you use your awareness to appreciate the beauty of a flower or the amazinv flight of an eagle.. the effect will be different. If you start using your awareness towards being in touch with your feelings.. and use your rationality to make choices that match with higher vibration or pure feeling, the direction of your life will start shifting and you will calibrate towards new realities that are unseen to the conditioned mind.