Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
What perks are provided in the lower judiciary or to someone after giving the judiciary exam other than his salary? I'm talking about perks like holidays, paid holidays, housing allowances, cars, security etc?
There is NO bunglow, no car and no driver as confirmed by my friend in DJS. Salary is less than a T1 associate. They do get a flat and I think some sort of allowance to maintain car/vehicle. This obviously varies from state to state and I think UP judicial officers get a car is what I heard or may be they get it after one promotion. Most of these judges choose to stay in their private homes rather than government accommodations. The fancy VIP culture of UPSC/Judiciary is a thing of the past and a product of middle class' obsession with the civil services from British times. Well the times have changed and they are no more the most well paying jobs in India. One should choose judiciary only for their passion and respect that they will get, salary wise it is decent but nothing extra ordinary. The bungalow fascination is only true for a DM post and that too you are not a DM for life, it is just a small phase of your over all service tenure. In Bombay and Delhi most IAS officers of secretary rank stay in flats. For judiciary, high court judges onwards get decent bunglows/stand alone houses.
Bombay High Court judges also get flats only, they just happen to be in Malabar Hill and Bandra (East).
If you want perks, just stay away from Delhi Judicial Services, try appearing for UP, MP and Rajasthan, here (I can attest for UP) you will get a bungalow (Class B as a fresher judge) and with promotion to District Judge a bungalow almost equivalent to a District Magistrate.

I don't think that fresher Judges get a car even in UP, but with promotion to ADJ/DJ one gets a car.
Other offices in some places also get a carpooling facility.

One receives a house help and if you decide not to stay or non-availability of a bungalow you also get housing allowance.

Other basic allowances like:
Internet and Telephone
Electricity
Furniture
Health etc...
Sir, if this so that DJS officers don't get much perks and facilitate but UP Judicial officers get, then why there is so much competition for the seats in Delhi and the level of competition is much higher
UP judge posting can be in remote places with horrible infrastructure and quality of life. DJS posting will be Delhi only.
The life expectancy if a judge would definitely be much higher than a corporate slave of a law firm.