Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
I've seen friends in toxic teams do this from time to time. I've not yet understood how this helps
Maybe it's helps them feel less visible. I mean deleting fb or insta account is too big a step. So maybe deactivate them or remove the profile photo. Similarly, with whatsapp, having no profile somewhat signifies that you do not care about being seen online. Again, deleting or uninstalling whatsapp is just not possible today because of all important conversation. Putting up a profile photo is a very commim practice and obviously that photo will one of your best which you really like. Hence, least one could do is remove the profile photo in order to seem more invisible and dissolve into oblivion on a virtual platform where your close contacts are present. It will also indicate to your conracts that there must be some sort of a trouble you're facing or feeling gloomy/under the weather that you no longer to care for a photo on whatsapp.

While there are still others (many many others) who put up melancholic stories and status.
Many people did not understand the "remove WhatsApp dp" Comment it seems
One time my boss yelled at me I took it, fixed the problem( which was not my fault). Went to tell him it had been fixed when he was with his peers, and then called him out in front of his peers. Not confrontationally, jokingly β€œ, things fixed! oh god that was crazy today boss man! You sure have a loud voice! I wish I had that energy! Are you okay? I thought the vein in your forehead was gonna burst!” It was enough to indicate to him that if it happened again I wouldn’t hesitate to bring it up before his peers and his boss and shame him.

Frame it as a shameful way for someone to behave and that’s how it’ll be seen. Frame it as this abusive thing they get to do to you and you can’t tell anyone- and they’ll keep doing it.
To all those reading point 4 and thinking of following it, I suggest have a backup job in hand.
When people have pointless angst over Teams/text, I reply saying something along the lines of "I think you've accidentally left the caps lock on".
One day my partner shouted at me. I took his passport size photo got it laminated and kept his picture in the men's urinal so that others can come and pee on it.

Obviously nobody dared to pick the photo up and it was there the whole day.
Sirjee why did you have your Partner's passport size photo handy? Sound creepy to me.
He had to file his partner's Aadhar Card modification application. What, you think that stuff gets done all by itself?
I have been working at a T1 Firm (Mumbai office of a T1 Tax litigation firm) for almost a year now and I have never even heard a loud voice let alone shouting. Hence I am surprised that this happens in T1 firms and always thought this to be a thing of T3 and below firms.
To be fair sometimes I wish they'd shout at you instead of being passive aggressive. I always feel, if someone is shouting at you, it means they have to care enough about you to shout at you.
If it's constructive criticism, think about it, if it's useless yelling, wait till partner is done and go bitch about him to friends, have a laugh at what an idiot the partner is, and go back to work.
I guess you are working at a firm so this may not work for you. I was litigating and it was my first job. I was getting paid a salary of 40,000 per month and working hours were 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM (6 days a week). My boss would sometimes call me and harass me for no reason or Sunday but other than attending the call I never did any work on Sunday. Anyways, I was working on this matter and my boss gave me incomplete instructions, later in front of client he shouted at me for no reason, how I wasn't worth anything, and am a disgrace to the profession. I did not say anything at that time and at the end of the month when I got my salary in my account, I left a text saying I won't be continuing.
My boss was a recently retired IPS and was completely dependent upon me. He almost begged me to stop. I couldn't care less. I told him that considering I was such a disgrace to the profession, I am only doing him a favour by leaving his chambers. My new place was much better and professional even though I had to take a 5,000 cut but everything worked out in the long run.
You can order cowdung (colloquially known as gobar) from amazon and have it delivered to the person shouting at you. Make sure you don't give your own address as billing address so you're not caught. Also use a disposable phone number.

Once the person receives the package (get it delivered to office), enjoy the unboxing.
If I am sitting at home, usually I am yawning and scratching my privates.

If in office, I make a apologetic face but am smiling in my head imagining him naked while shouting away. Once he is done, go out and catch a ciggie with someone.

Either way, no need to take stress more than 3 minutes if you want to continue working at a firm.