Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
How likely is it to get a PPO with the energy team of any tier-1 law firm in India?
Do firms hire for their Energy Teams? What is the frequency of vacancies in the said team?
Not that hard if you're from a Tier-I NLU and specifically want to go for PIE. But if not, then it's a niche area and there are barely any takers. The companies engaged in RE/O&G/Power generally don't take any freshers (unless you have a serious jack or at least a source within), they do tend to hire from tier-II NLU's and good priv. colleges like Symbi etc.
I tried to crack a tier-II energy team back in my 4th year but realized that my experience/publications/knowledge barely made a difference as the entire team consisted of people with no prior exposure who had shifted from B&F and GC. But then again, this was just my experience and I'm from a very humble college so good luck!
I love it when people speak of their knowledge and experience (back from when they were) when they are in their 4th year.

As regards publications, I doubt many in their 4th year have any worth taking a second look.
Hi, I am a fresh grad from a Tier III college. I have interest in PIE and have worked on Project and project finance documents. I specifically want to go for PIE. What should be my further course of action in order to land a job in a decent PIE team?

Thanks in advance.