Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Has COVID affected internship opportunities over the past year? I have not been able to intern anywhere either because of cancellations or because firms/counsel were not taking interns. What does this mean for our job prospects? I have luckily secured an internship for the winter but I do not know how others are faring. Please help
I've been trying for 3 months now for an internship in December without any luck :(
Quite the contrary for me. I've interned multiple times in Tier 1 firms since early this year and have a few lined up. Don't think pandemic is the sole reason for rejection/non acceptance.
Hi,
I have interned with multiple T1/T2 firms during the pandemic. But yes, things have been very difficult. Most firms have reduced their slots for interns as it's difficult to delegate work online. If you haven't been able to get through, I would say it's largely owed to luck. I know many batchmates of mine who were equally brilliant but didn't get through. So, yes don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Hi, from 2023. I'm from a t1, in the top 30 of my class, have seen people with half my CGPA getting multiple interns and I have been struggling, due to lack of connections. So dw, many won't have good interns rn, I'll suggest trying boutique firms, focusing on co-curriculars (publications and stuff) and certificate/credit courses. Something will work out, probably not t1 but t2/3 might happen.