Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
We used to have lot many quarrels in my house between me and parents for multiple reasons, but then one fine day I had a good character change in me, I realised it was mostly my word frustration and ego which was coming in front of cute understanding parents. Since then we have no fights or arguments.
Oh! Also I baught them all the streaming services subscription and now they're mostly busy with binge watching one show or other, don't think that's relevant here, is it? 😉
It was always one of routine - moments of feeling affection (and not expressing it) and moments of despising them for some small things (and expressing it).

As I started working, I realised how difficult it is to be 'cool' and 'fun' once you start earning a living, working all your waking hours and managing a house, kid's education and family responsibility with nothing to spend for yourself.

But by the time I did realise this, I lost my father to COVID early this year. Now I run the entire household (me and my mother) by myself. It's been difficult learning the ropes but I'm sure my dad would have been so proud!

But he's no longer there. What I wouldn't give to just have back the normal 'routine' days with him! And this time, I would express those feelings of affection.

Please don't shut your parents off for work, people. It's not worth it. Naukri aaj jayegi, kal mil jayegi.
That's why yogi ji is banning such sites in UP to protect youth's energy and mentality.
How is this comment just lying here uncensored, i almost puked on my fellow associate