Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
A 21-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Why is this breaking? This government has done the same thing to many others. And what does his being from NLS have got to do with it anyway? Quit with the meaningless plug-ins already. There are plenty of good things happening at NLS, such as Arun T. joining the faculty.
Nothing wrong on it. Didn't Dems stall Kavanugh? The NLSIU community can't keep openly siding with the Congress and attacking the BJP, and then complain when it bites back.
Modi must have stalled judges hip of many Delhi University alums but no one is complaining and people carry on with their work.

Get a life !
I love how the comments here are more focussed on NLS bashing than independence of the judiciary. #PeakLegallyIndia
That's because the OP intended to portay this as government's NLS bashing. Not compromise of judicial independence.
As if Congress has not stalled judicial appointments? Sondhi and NLSIU should know their history.
I fully support Modi govt sitting on the appointment of commie homies from NLS. Given the heavy commie, left-wing and fiberal infestation in NLS, it should be treated on par with JNU and the burden of proof should be on the alumnus to show that they are in fact not anti-national. In fact the nexus between NLS and its leftie sponsors like Ford Foundation which routinely bankroll the higher-studies (read as β€˜deeper commiefication’) of its alumni should be probed by the Government.
Zero sympathy for Sondhi and NLSIU. The Lutyens/Left lobby has ruled us for many years. Time for a change.
Just out of interest, what are your specific problems with the "Lutyens/ Left/ JNU" lobby? What legal positions are you concerned that they will take (other than greater accountability of the government, and the rather shocking position that a civilization is judged by how it treats its most vulnerable)? Do give specifics. I'm genuinely interested in the legal arguments for not picking "Commies" as judges. What does "anti-national" mean- again, with specifics? How are they anti-national?

Open forum. Convince me.
A 7-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.