Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Query for people who are married and stay in Delhi NCR -

Where do you stay? Is the first preference to stay close to office?
What's the expenditure of your household post marriage? Has it substantially gone up from your bachelor days? I am only asking about the total expenditure irrespective of how you divide with your spouse.
Prepare for for a divorce Bro.

"How you divide with your spouse"

After your marriage there is nothing like that, it's all our money.
What an antiquated view.

There is absolutely division after marriage - me and a number of couples do it. Because obviously you'll have some common financial goals with your partner, but surely you'll also have some different financial goals. You need to be able to save and plan for all of that. It's perfectly fine for partners to have a common pool for common expenditures and goals as well as separate savings for individual goals.

"Prepare for a divorce bro" is the kind of pedestrian, childish, unpractical advice you can expect from this forum.
What BS.
Just speak to your spouse ffs. Have "the talk" freely and get on the same page.
The expenses haven't gone up substantially on the house really. It's gone up on the family side though. My spouse and I split things prorated to our salary, and follow the 50/30/20 rule. Also, live in a good area of south del even though offices are in GGN because it's just a nightmare to live in GGN.
Have to shift to NCR from Hyderabad. Is staying in Gurgaon really so bad? Why so?
GGN is generally a little too much concrete for me. The place is very unpredictable re. Safety and general conveniences.

Delhi offers better living albeit at somewhat higher pricing but you can negotiate your rent etc. and walk peacefully at night in most of south Delhi without fearing someone’s going to stab you at 6 pm.
I shifted to NCR from Hyderabad too. Lived in Gurgaon and delhi. The infrastructure in Gurgaon is wayy better than delhi (except when it rains really heavily). I'm sure you'll like it too. South Delhi is nice too. Safety hasn't been an issue in either. Although almost every woman I know wouldn't want to live in Gurgaon. Just live close to wherever your office is. The issues one faces while working are almost never linked to where one's house is located.
If your wife really loves you it doesn't matter. She will stay with you even when you are are broke.
Jane de bhai. People here are super negative about everything in life.
A 63-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.