Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Query- I am a penultimate year BALLB(H) student at Amity Law School. I am also pursuing CA and cleared 2 stages of it. I also did legal internships in tier 2 firms and will be interning in AZB & partners in upcoming month.

After graduation it will take almost 3.5 years to complete my CA. I am confused that should I work hard to get internships in tier 1 firm and grab a job just after law school in tier 1 law firms in area of tax, or should I continue my CA.
I saw many CA and Lawyers working in same team in tier 1 tax firms at same position (associate).
If I quit CA and join a tier 1 law firm, within 4 years I can earn above 16-17 lpa whereas I am not sure about CA as average package is around 10lpa. The duration of 3.5 years is very long after graduation. Can somebody guide please.
I'm a lawyer working in tax (indirect) and from where I'm standing, the lack of a CA degree won't hurt your prospects at a law firm in the slightest. I'd go so far as to say that, in IDT at least, you tend to be a part of better assignments focused on core law as a lawyer, while at times CAs may, unfortunately, be pigeonholed into working with numbers. Additionally, if you do spend the extra 3.5 years finishing your degree, you'll most likely have to start out at an A0 level in terms of pay.

CA degrees can often be a prestige issue with desi families, so try to look beyond that for what would work for you, specifically. Also consider other factors - if you're not fully committed to a tax practice & do eventually decide on pursuing, as an example, corporate law for its more lucrative lure, you'd obviously not need the secondary qualification. Alternately, if you are interested in a more audit-focused role, you'd need to look at finishing your CA qualification.

Most dual-qualified practitioners have CA as their initial degree and pursue LLB alongside their jobs - not the other way around. Consider what you want your primary practice to be - if the answer is law, consider if you really want to take a 3.5 year detour to come back to it.