Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
I’ve got admission in CNLU but today the cutoff for Hindu college is released and I think I’ll make it in philosophy hons. But I’m confused whether to go to DU or stay in CNLU. Which will be better in terms of scope and opportunities in the future?
Philosophy hon any day !! Whatever opportunities CNLU has to offer will also be there (if not better) at say GLC of CLC in you wanna come back to law later through a 3 year LLB.
CNLU is not a good Law school and philosophy is not a good degree, but at the end when it comes to opportunities the BALLB degree from a mediocre University will offer more opportunities when compared to Phil honours from a top college.
Hindu College and don't even think twice. It's an excellent college and both the brand name and the quality of your peers (which will be much better than at CNLU, which is not a particularly great law school) will make all the difference.

You can always do an LLB after, either in India (in which case you have excellent options at GLC Mumbai, ILS Pune and CLC Delhi, in no particular order) or abroad (which can even be done in two years if you try LLB (senior status) in the UK) before coming back.

If you're convinced that you want to try to join a Top NLU (and this isn't uncommon -- I've known people who left SRCC/Stephens for Top NLUs), then that's something you can try for while enrolling in Hindu. You can prepare for CLAT but you'll also have enough data to figure out whether that's really your preferred course of action.

That said, I cannot possibly overstate just how helpful a full 3/4 year college before getting into law school can be. There are downsides of a 3 year course in India (though contrary to what you might hear, you'll not be at any less of an advantage if you also went to a good college for undergrad -- which you will have in the event that you elect to enroll at Hindu).

Best of luck.
Join Hindu only if you have a plan after that. I know a lot of friends of mine who were in DU. They joined LSR, Miranda, SRCC , Stephens yada yada. The point is most of them are doing masters are now and after that they will do their PhD and then either settle as a professor or worse teacher. BA is not a service it's an useless degree to be honest, it won't make you money. CNLU is not a great law school either but you will still do better there than beng in DU, if I was you I would take Hindu and would have given CLAT again. One of my juniors did the same and this year she joined NLUD. If you join Hindu, please have a plan just don't get lost. You will ruin your career and you won't even realise it.
BA from Hindu, then 3 year LLB from DU or Jindal or UK/Aus/NZ/Canada.
If you have got Philosophy Hons. at Hindu in the 1st list, you will get the subjects of your choice (if it is not philosophy) by the 5th and 6th list in any good North Campus college like Stephens, SRCC or even in Hindu.

Go for it and don't think twice unless you really want to go into law. If that's the case, even then avoid CNLU this time and prepare side by side for top NLUs while being at DU.
CNLU is a much better choice than Hindu College because it is an NLU. National level professional colleges like IIT/IIM/AIIMS/NLU are always a better bet than local colleges.