Read 61 comments as:
Filter By
How is criticizing your enemy country brave? I mean had she been Pak citizen citicizing Pak govt or Indian citizen criticizing Indian govt that would be brave right?
It's an enemy country, a pain in the ass for the entire world. Pak deserves no sympathy. What she said was a befitting response to puppet Imran's falsehoods. And that my friend is one way to project 'Nationalism.'
IFS officer, Indian envoy to the UN, and still being referred to condescendingly as a 'girl'? Would you have referred to her male counterpart as a 'boy' I wonder? Patriatchal RWs are so easy to spot every time they open their mouth!
Just like you real turds have a way of spreading your toxicity everywhere. I am calm, very calmly calling you out and telling you that you are wrong.
Why are all the comments mentioning libbus are marked trollish? Hide your bias, ffs. You aren't fit to be a moderator.
Girl and Women are sexist words. I agree.

The only inclusive word is Birthing person or a person who prefers a pronoun or she/her.
It's not really that hard. Try replacing it with the male counterpart in your mind and if that seems weird, then you shouldn't use it at all. Just the IFS or the Indian sec to the UN would have sufficed here. But I know that there are many mommy's boys here who have not been taught that at home in their childhood. Better they learn late than never.
To the UC feminists/allies telling this - a friendly reminder,

You are not feminist/ally unless you shut up and give space to include intersectional people (Minorities, Oppressed Castes)
No it's literally not. It's just the context in which it is used that maybe problematic.
Calm down. Take the patriarchal condescension elsewhere. In fact, keep it in your pants.
Facts contested for 3.1 but not for 3. At least try to hide your bias R
I get your patriarchy point but arent you not assuming that only RWs are patriarchal ??? even liberals are patriarchal that's why liberalism is smoked because of woke people
How did you come at a conclusion that OP is a patriarchal RW? What is this level of discourse? Please take a minute and introspect. @Moderator, you are heavily biased inasmuch as you are letting your personal prejudice influence the tag that you are adding to posts / comments. I remember you did this in the Indian History thread as well which was subsequently deleted / rolled back.

Be objective when you are moderating. You have to be above all this mudslinging the biased junta engages in.

Guest @ 3 has presumed that use of term girl is condescending - which to any rational person is preposterous to say the least. Just because she is a girl, doesn't mean that she is not an officer? What kind of a prejudiced mind do you need to have to think that both can't go along and / or are mutually exclusive?

Would you have referred to her male counterpart as a 'boy' I wonder? - You can only wonder because that is not the case. Young officers are referred to as boys / girls all over the world. As unprofessional as it may be, it has no connection with the 'patriarchal RW mindset' that you seem to despise and felt free to chime in. You have been as unprofessional to come to a conclusion without any rationale or reasonable probability.

Calm down, you don't have to over react all the time and / or make an issue out of thin air.
Please scour the entire gamut of LI threads and show me an example where people in equivalent positions are being referred to as boys. You keep trying to seek refuge behind English norms, but neglect the social reality in the process. Everybody other than RW patriarchs can realise that. If you cannot, then that speaks volumes about you.
Just that you wouldn't have used boy had it been a guy in the same position. If that's too difficult to comprehend, you should go back to law school and unlearn a lot more than you might have done during your time there.
"Girl"
"Scorches"
Is it just me, or does this post subtly reek of the mindset shared by a certain section of the electorate that voted Modi to power in 2019 based on the Balakot posturing?
Also, how is even remotely relevant to this forum?
Yeah, she was amazing! That's how you smash Pakistanis! After the utter lies of Puppet Imran - we needed a fiery, uncompromising Indian response.
This discussion has anything but discussion sought to be initiated. Understand completely why it was easy for the British to rule us for centuries
The dislikes in these posts show NLUites attitude towards the nation.
LI moderation quality has really gone down.

My comment from last night is tagged "trollish" & "awaiting moderation"
but other comments which are MORE trollish / "passionately" written are published

Pathetic.
I thought you would be furious by that! Don't you say that JNU consists of anti nationals only? And why would one have to criticise other countries in order to get to right to criticise own government first? Is your degree in law or entire political science?
LI,

Just censor the objectionable part and allow the rest of it to be posted.
WTF is going on here? Comments attacking Imran Khan and accusing Pakistan of terror are being DOWNVOTED??? Is it now considered woke to support Pakistan and the Taliban?
I think the better word would be competent.

It isn't particularly brave to read out a pre-prepared speech.
Toxic RW patriarchy strikes again. Among the top Google search suggestions since yesterday is "Sneha Dubey husband" and "Sneha Dubey married." So she can't be seen as a successful lady in her own right???
I see the thread is full of UPSC aspirants. One thing I do not get is why these first year bacchas get into fights and all all the time. Guy you need to get mature.