Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Just wanted some feedback on the competition law practice at Sarvada Legal headed by Abir. Any feedback that you all may, kindly do share.
Seems mostly like an Informant's counsel. Not trying to be snarky but the Information(s) haven't exactly been the best quality either. Has seemingly positioned himself/ his practice on the right side of enforcement trends as far as his more popular representations go

Do not, however, expect T1 pay. Representing traders associations only gets you so much billing

Might be used as an option to break into the practice area if you're really keen but a bit fraught with risk to try that route
Thanks for the feedback. I showed your comment to my friend Abir and he replied saying thanks for the feedback Will try to improve the quality of the information and ensure its upto the mark.
I’ve had the privilege of working with Abir and can vouch for his legal acumen, domain insight and innovation. It’s would be unfair to compare his work quality with that of a tier 1 firm, for they focus more on merger control and support the M&A team. His capabilities should be seen from a litigators perspective, where he is able to sense the view of the court and is in sync with market best practices. The same is reflected in the court orders. Expecting a Tier 1 pay at a disputes firm would be an unfair comparison too.
A. T1 firms do plenty of enforcement matters in addition to merger control. Look at the appearance lists in S. 26(1), 27 orders and older S. 26(2)s so saying you can't expect equivalence in terms of work product is absurd at best

B. "Reflected in the court orders" - his most popular representation until now would be for the trade association against Flipkart and Amazon. The others are also against market places. It's actually a great place to be going against an e-commerce platform (barring from a billing POV) and the likes considering the overall trends in enforcement globally. Not to take away from the hard work that he and his team undoubtedly put in but global enforcement trends are a fact

C. There are some "T1" firms who actually do decent enforcement work but barely have any merger control work. Their work product and pay is also far better (comp. practitioners might know who this is about)
The firm pays 60k to freshers, around 10k for interns. So yes not tier 1 salary but not as low as some others in the market. Can vouch for his domain knowledge.
I have seen the work of Abir. He is a genius mind for competition law enforcement matters. Very professional and a guy who believes in team unity and collective profit.

I think he shouldn't be compared with a tier. -1 as they do merger control matters. As rightly said in other comment, assess him from a litigators perspective.

A big thumbs up for Abir's Skill. Have heard him argue and his skills reflect in favourable orders given to him by court.
A 40-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I have been a long time client of Sarvada Legal and a close friend of Abir (so my comment may be biased), I know him even from their days in previous organization. can vouch for his knowledge and most importantly enthusiasm. their team will give their 100% for the matter, all for the matter. I, for one, can vouch for his quality and i do not agree with the comment above (Guest). Perhaps the Guest has a different perspective/experience.

I showed him this comment above (by Guest) about the quality of Information being poor His exact words when I showed him the comment was thanks for the feedback, will definitely improve. Then I asked him who may have written it, he said I have filed some information in recent past must be one of the lawyers involved in top Tier law firms who are representing the defendants.
Sorry to hear that you think tier 1 firm's focus is more on merger control.
Comments in favor, 3; comments against; 2. This match is going right down to the wire. Trace a bullet. All three results possible....
I am new on LI and reading people complaining about toxic work culture in law firms, I would say Abir is a very pleasant and non-toxic person to work with.