Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Lately, I have been seeing several GREAT peeps NOT leaving Kerala for greener pastures in Delhi/Mumbai. Are the BigB law firm jobs no longer in demand?

More importantly, how much do the law firms/Lawyers/Senior Advocates in Kochi pay generally? Also, which are the good firms to work for (with reasonably good pay with minimum mental agony)?

About me- I'll be a lawyer in a few months if I get through the exams.

Kindly share any clue/hearsay/guess you have, anything and everything helps.
You maybe misguided.

There are no ranked law firms in Kochi. The ones which are there are CS + some basic Corp ones. Pay is not good, quality of work is also not good.

Because most corporates in Kerala, don't send thier high end legal work to a law firm in Kochi; almost all of them send it Corporate firms in Bangalore and Mumbai. And kerala doesn't have enough Industries to have a corporate Law firm. The biglaw offices in Kochi will max have 2 members; these are just representative offices.

Pay in Litigation is also less (max 20K) but it has a potential to improve.
Everything depends on who you are. How well equipped and confident you're.

Kerala is a good place to live in. Big cities are a pain, however, opportunities are limitless. If you are good enough, you can go to mumbai/delhi and tap into the vast resources there. If you're average, better stay in Kerala.

Another relevant criteria is, whether you're well-connected in Kerala. Connections matter a lot in the long run as most law firms are family run and clientele is also based upon similar considerations.

Lastly, the pay mostly depends on your college, skills etc. For someone who's just out of law school, don't expect much. I'd be happy if I can find a firm which offers to pay up15K bucks!