Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys. Which Tier 1 firm in India offers the best training to freshers? I've heard a lot of firms have the swim or die mentality, but I prefer a culture where the freshers are properly taught the ropes of the profession. As I'll be sitting for placements this year, I want to know the best and the worst firms in terms of training given to freshers.
P.S: Pay is not a consideration for me as I believe most of the Tier 1s offer money in the same ballpark range.

Any comments and suggestions pertaining to this are appreciated. Thank you!
At NDA you get to do lot of researchy stuff in the beginning but you dont get exposed to practical aspects. You will become prolific writer but not learn deals and transactions.
Indus. Really good training you’ll get if you can survive the grind & some of the partners.
Can you help me out with the names of some good capital markets law firms for internships? (Apart from the tier 1 firms). Quality of work is what i am looking for.
If you want to do good work in cap markets, Tier I is the way to go. Very few Tier II firms get good cap markets mandates, so you may not get same exposure as Tier I. Keep in mind that my above comment is about Tier II firms only. So dont even consider any Tier III firm - No client one gives cap markets work to Tier III firms.
Undoubtedly has to be CAM. Until SA ship, CAM is a great place to be.
CAM. No doubt.
They also have the rotation policy where an associate and work with different teams, 6 months each (3 rotations) and the end figure out which area is best for them. Regular training sessions also help
If you're an NLU grad it's all smooth sailing as you would have covered several practical courses in your law school
Archana khosla burman of vertices partners, definitely. She has been mentor to many many including me. One of the best in complex matters negotiations