Read 77 comments as:
Filter By
Tweets in the past few hours by Ramanuj:

This why the rich entitled social justice crowd in NLU campuses hate me. I am giving other law students methods to out hustle them, even through free bootcamps. And they can't stand that.

Yes after paying for whatever exorbitant amount the NLUs charge, which is also beyond an education loan without massive collaterals. There was no way I could afford to go to a NLU today if I was graduating from school in 2021.

Some people are on Twitter just to be part of the cancel culture. Then they say Twitter is toxic.

Well, you get what you seek :)

It's different for people who are looking for knowledge and inspiration. They don't follow drama or make fake profiles.

Who will tell this to cancel culture kids drunk with their power on social media? They want to bulldoze anything they don't agree with - simply with bile. Students say they are experiencing an unbearable suffocating environment in their campus due to some of these people.

Someone tried to defame LawSikho on his timeline and when confronted blocked me. And now our real students are responding to him.

https://twitter.com/law_ninja
This thread has just been created to provide more mileage to a non-issue. Simply because a person makes a meaningless random accusation at the NLU community (a community that doesn't even exist in reality), that does not make the fight between him and NLUs. He needs to actually matter to the community (if it existed, but it doesn't) first and acknowledged as such. People can (review) courses as such without intending to argue with the owner of the company about it. By the way, even the stats that he himself quoted (maybe) vague. If you offer courses to thousands, law of averages say some of them will gi on ( ). That doesn't mean that they wouldn't have done so anyway without taking the courses (my personal view). In any case, if the courses help law students earn pocket money through () work, then that's hardly a problem. So long as the lawsikho people are not promising their students that the courses will ( ), there is really no harm I guess.
Kian, has there been any policy change in the moderation that we have not been informed about? The moderator has in this case randomly deleted part of the sentences, replaced them with words of their own, changed the meaning of the sentences, and overall made a complete hash of it. I can challenge anyone to point out a single ad hominem or any defamatory part of the entire comment. Further, nothing gives the moderator any right to add their own statements in any comment without clearly identifying it to be the moderator's. If you are subcontracting the moderator's job to someone else, either make sure that they know how to do it, or else set out a clear moderator policy even if it means formalising all the irregularities that I just referred to. Otherwise, this is getting patently ridiculous. Censoring the comment is your prerogative, changing it is not.
Just to clarify to the rest of the readers, this comment has been deliberately manipulated and modified to take away critical parts and sought be given a spin in a very high handed and amateurish way. I had neither berated lawsikho or any of the people associated with it, but the way this has been modified makes it obvious that people associated with them either get to influence moderating decisions here, or there is a blanket policy in place that says nothing that doesn't say good things about their work will be published.
Hi

No, there is no change of policy (Refer point 3 of the policy summary). But unfortunately in an anonymous forum, we have had issues in the past and therefore try our best to avoid it. You are right, the comment has been modified by me, R, all within ( ). Therefore the readers may consider those to be R edits.

Thanks,

- R
Wait what? You do realise your moderation is in most of the instances in that comment just your opinion right? And you can comment like you did elsewhere and express your opinion but it is very unfair to edit it out to the point of entirely changing the substance of what someone is saying?

What exactly is LIs problem with this stuff ? All of ramanaujs ( ) is reproduced verbatim in the original post but anyone who criticises him has to jump through hoops? What’s fair about that? If LI doesn’t want to pick a fight with certain people- best to just erase all mention of them from the website rather than this insane moderation policy.
Mostly agreed. These quotes are from his Twitter account, so not contentious. But you see the problem is ( )

- R
Wait what? Just because Ramanauj says something it’s not contentious? I don’t think he’s being very truthful- does that make it contentious now?
Quote:
If you offer courses to thousands, law of averages say some of them will gi on ( ). That doesn't mean that they wouldn't have done so anyway without taking the courses (my personal view).
Is this a potshot at JGLS?
I don't agree with Ramanuj on everything but he's right when he says kids from NLU or famous pvt law colleges can't stand anything they disagree with. They will start bullying the person having a different opinion. Just one or two guys have to make a tweet and every other woke kid will join In. Most of them don't have logical replies.
That is true for everyone. Not like the non-woke right wing is very tolerant.
Please do not masquerade as outsider. You are obviously a lawsikho guy.
Because nobody else in the legal world has ever faced the woke tyranny
Kassam se. Waise hi bahot RRona karta rehta hai on every freaking forum.
My only question has always remained is how a guy (and his co-founder) who did not complete more than 12 months in a law firm can so confidently push for courses and sessions that kids may need to be successful in law firms. Do the kids not see the irony in that?
Because….They have lots of people with decades of experience in their team? How is their education relevant here?
LawSikho is not a team of 2 founders. To be fair Abhyuday or Ramanuj don't really teach any courses. My batch-mate Jayantika Ganguly for example, 12 years experience in top firms like L&L, JSA and Kco is heading corporate courses there. Komal Shah, another cofounder has worked in global corporations including Citibank & Northern Trust. They have other people with decades of experience there as well.
True. Jayantika Ma'am was a superb senior at her time in KCo Kol. Exceptionally brilliant lawyer.
NLU Kids (especially from Top 3) are the most snobbish and woke:

They will talk about equality la la la. But if anyone tries to get a job in thier entitled areas (Especially law firms) they will start mocking and talking about merit and stuff.

Law Sikho and other platforms bridge the gap between NLU and non NLU students - these kids hate it.
A 36-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Ramanuj’s lawsikho courses are good yet exorbitantly expensive. A single certificate course costs a minimum of β‚Ή15,000 which is way too much, he is comparing that with NLUs where the fees is 2 lakhs for an year. You atleast study 10 subjects in an year, that makes it 20,000 per subject. And NLUs have to provide a lot more than just education, including accommodation, food, good faculty and what not. What he is trying to do is that he realised elite law schools would anyways not join his course because they are getting jobs and good education so let’s create this top NLUs vs other colleges which will do free marketing for me and other colleges will then feel that Lawsikho is a great deal which ought to be joined. Conflict attracts attention. In 2012 when burger king was incurring major losses and had a negligible marketing budget, it started dissing McDonalds and McD replied back, the conflict brought attention to an extent that Burger King is now the second largest fast food chain in the world and has been on a profit streak.

With that said, NLUs do have the people who want to bulldoze anything they don't agree with - simply with bile. Being in a top 5, I believe the amount of people with toxic superiority complex is extremely high. And such kids on LI have to calm down. Y’all create rift anywhere and everywhere be it when a top 7 nlu tries to be included in top 5 or if it is Jindal or any other NLU for that matter. If you do not believe in something or someone, there is a way to put things and opinions forward. Most of y’all are just trolls who attach their ego to their institutions.
I am not even in a nlu but I like your logic. Also I hate lawsmatsikho. Meaningless stuff anyways.
I agree with the reasoning. It is however very surprising that Ramanuj hasn't made more inroads into the Jindal student base.
Great reply at least its making sense, otherwise all were having ad hominem
A 41-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
The comments against LawSikho show why NLUs are nowhere as successful as IITs. In the IIT community they encourage startups and there is unity among IITians. In contrast, at NLUs they try and demean and put down those challenging the status quo. Ramanuj started with nothing and bootstrapped to USD 1 million profits a year, as his Twitter bio says. He also says openly that he is not from a privileged family and was mocked by those from elite schools. That's what this is ultimately about.
Clearly the ( ) course did not teach you the difference between revenue and profit
The biggest LMAO comment on the Twitter fight was this one by Ramanuj.

Yeah someone called me to say this guy is some cancel culture baron in GNLU. Rich dude commanding the woke masses. Never faced consequences in his life apparently.

"cancel culture baron" really made me laugh! Also, the fact that someone called up Ramanuj about this!! LOL. Actually, the person is a committed gender rights activist who objected to the dating webinar.

Also, why is this a woke versus non-woke fight all of a sudden? Ramanuj himself posts pro-left comments. Or is this a Gen Y vs Gen Z thing?
"cancel culture baron" is brilliant! I will use that against this SJW guy in my class who has a problem with all viewpoints except his own.
Surely these testimonials mean a lot of people are benefiting from LawSikho? Not everyone has top-notch faculty like the top NLUs and Jindal?

https://lawsikho.com/success-stories
(......). In general, you should refrain from arriving at any conclusion about a place by reading the testimonials on its website. That's bound to paint rosy pictures only. So long as anybody is not claiming in vain that the course offered by them begets jobs that other people can get after 5 years of legal education, it's still cool.
The fellow is just minting money. No need to give attention to such attention seekers. The thread seems to have been started by some fresh law school student. Legally India should not even entertain such threads.
I'm sorry, but the testimonial videos are very vague. Look at this video by a Symbi Hyd student for example. He mentions that he got USD 1000 by working on "freelance projects" because of LawSikho courses. But what are these projects and why would a company or firm give such money to a mere student, that also not from a top law school? This is not clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyQgoKNDAig
How is a student allowed to give legal opinions or legal advice? Isn't that against bci rules? Is this organization endorsing oe encouraging / abetting law students to give legal advice?
He is a paralegal. Means he works for other lawyers in US/UK etc you genius.
Yeh ramanujan khud ki free ki marketing mar rha hai aur cancel gang from nlu kitne velle hai
If you have to say the name of your law school after one month of practising law then you've proven yourself unfit to be a lawyer. NLU Grad v. Non-NLU grads is a non issue. NEITHER can draft a bail application and argue a bail application or a civil motion on day 0 in the profession. Legal education is broken. The NLUs were supposed to be a solution but they aren't fixing the problem they were created to fix. LawSikho is trying to be a solution as well but is attempting to do the same thing. Prepare students for placement rather than prepare them to be professionals.

No one should rely on the reputation of their college to gain their sense of self worth. You are worth more than the tag of your college.

Very disappointing.
There was once a queen of hearts,
Off with their heads she said.
Years later a king of farts (no evidence, possible defamation)
Fucked with this thread.
Sue them all, sue them now, that's what he said.
The queen of hearts, and the king of farts-
Did they fuck their own heads?
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
LawSikho is doing a valuable service by trying to focus on useful practical skills instead of theory, or useless woke philosophy. The only disadvantage is that LawSikho courses have no credits which can lead to LLB or LLM degrees. LawSikho should explore an arrangement with NLUs or JGLS which can result in this.
Ramanuj has openly said that he is from a low income family and suffered bullying from privileged folks at NUJS because of his simple background, lack of posh schooling etc. A lot of the determination he has to challenge the NLU monopoly arises from this very personal experience. Likewise, a lot of ridicule he faces is from privileged kids who like to mock NLU-ites but also feel threatened if they get jobs at good firms and companies. LawSikho has my total support for this.
You're conveniently forgetting that he gets hate because of certain bizarre and frankly, sexist acts like that seminar on dating. He's also profiting off of creating insecurity in law students and then pushing L( )lSikho as some sort of saving grace. It's not about bridging the gap between "top NLUs" and "others" (ask any recruiter, having L() lSikho courses on your CV will get you laughed at) it's about RM making himself rich by preying on students in more ways than one.
Hi

For those reporting comments on this thread not being published - the comments section on this thread or this topic has been closed.

- R
A 22-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 71-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 198-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 39-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.