Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Which firms are generally better for women? In terms of fair treatment, career progression and support when the kids are young.
Law firms are shit. Try in house jobs. Pay might be lower but quality of life would be much better.
Trilegal recently won a diversity award for being the best place for gender diversity. Check that out
Why so much hate for Trilegal - one of the first non-family law firm in India and one of the best !
Samvad Partners, SNR Associates - almost 70 to 80 % of these firms have women lawyers. These are women led firms.
Make it viable with good work and revenue inflow, and you’ll find full cooperation with at least any tier one Indian firm today - which is only fair, in my opinion. The proof of the pudding is the sheer number of female partners they have - many of whom don't even come from privilege.

PS- Please don’t go on a lib troll rant comparing Indian firms with their foreign counterparts that charge in dollars, operate in more than one geography and generate more revenue. Now back to work you go!
By the way, foreign law firms are worse in this respect. Linklaters, one of the biggest and oldest law firms, had their first female partner elevation only in 2020.
LOL, that was the first "SENIOR PARTNER" which is effectively like a CEO in a company. Linklaters has hundreds of women partners. And 53% of associates are women.
Arre bhai no one cares about Associates, it is the management-level positions that matter for diversity.

If 90% of kaam wali bais are women, does that make the field a feminist torchbearer? Hell no.

(Before all of you jump to conclusions faster than an Olympic gold medallist about me comparing Associates to kaam wali bais - no, this is not a comparison, but an anecdote to demonstrate a point).
Actually a "senior partner" is closer to being the Chairman of the Board in a company. The Managing Partner is closer to being the CEO. The point you're making is broadly correct though.

(I very much doubt Links has "hundreds" of female partners - I can't be bothered to look up the exact numbers but most of the Magic Circle firms have around 20% female partners give or take, so probably around 100ish for a firm like Links. This is not because there is anyone actively discriminating against women - it's mainly because the peak years of work when you make a case for partnership and push for promotion are also the same age when most women tend to have kids (early 30s) and the two are not really compatible - it's not a coincidence that there is a massively disproportionate number of female partners with no kids or only one kid).
Alot of foreign firms have flexible work options for women. In fact there's not much support system at home and house help are expensive, they drop their kids to day care and pickup and then work from home. Why can't there be a cut off time for parents with young kids and then let them work from home. In fact firms in India hesitate to recruit women who have kids.
A 9-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.