Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Stars aligned. Received internship offer from Khaitan Mumbai and JSA Gurugram for October.
Want to intern in Gen. Corp. and/or Competition team. Which should I pick? Please consider PPO potential in advice too. Thanks in advance!
Hey, if you're looking for a PPO - go ahead with Khaitan at Mumbai without any doubt. The entire process, especially at the Mumbai offices, is very streamlined.
Try for Corp 3. They do quality work and a few partners there (Vineet, Tanushree) take good care of interns and make you feel at home.
Don't go to JSA Gurugram, one way or the other.
Reasons: 1. Bombay over Delhi, anyday for corp law; and 2. Khaitan over JSA, better work.

Secondly, ensure you have a place to stay in Bombay and somewhere not too far away - Bombay can be ruthless when it comes to rent and travelling.
Yes, I got the HR at JSA gurugram to reschedule my internship! It is quite easy. Write a mail with a strong ( ) reason.
I don't think KCO Mumbai lets one pick the team for the internship. No harm in asking though.
Strictly from a numbers perspective, more chances of an interview offer from the Corp teams because they are way bigger and thus hire way more than Competition does.
But if you really like competition law, take that risk now. If you do end up getting the job, at least you'll do something you like.