Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
As a fresher who just has stepped into the field, what things do I need to keep in mind while juggling between multiple transactions/work? And how not to get burned our or get demotivated with the unattainable deadlines? It would be good to know views of experiences associates who have faced the same over the years. Thank you.
Focus on work, work and work. If you don't have a rich mummy/daddy and you want this career to be sustainable/profitable from a long-term perspective, there's no other way out. Work, and nothing else, should be priority for the first 3 years. That will set you up for the rest of your career. Leave the rest of the noise out. There will be people who will work for 15 hours, party for the next 3 and sleep only around for 5-6 hours on a regular basis. If you're not one of them, realise that very quickly. There's no shame in that. You don't have to adopt a lifestyle that doesn't suit you, just to look cool. When in doubt over anything, go back to rule 1: work over everything else for first 3 years.
Thank you for your advice, I appreciate your response. I often read that you stop worrying about the long hours if you love the work you do. I totally understand that, but its difficult to love something when it's taking a toll on your mental and physical health. I wish to learn the nitty gritties of an agreement, however deadlines are a barrier to my learning of a particular concept. Does this get better with time? Thank you.
what if someone passes out for eternity while working working like a dog
Be focussed while working. Set your own deadlines. Thisway you will become efficient. Also, spend 15-20 minutes at the end of work day in jotting down next day's tasks. Always keep a note of important deadlines and try to develop a bird's eye view of the transaction and your role in it.
If you become proactive in managing your work, you will start controlling your work rather than the other way round.
Can't believe I'm saying this for 2 years, but you need to clear out.your head of all your hobbies/interests 2 hours before you start work in the morning. Anything else and it messes up your work in an ugly way especially the first few hours, incase you have even a mild ADD.