Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Are there any lala shops that pay you for the time you spent working instead of going on that break you needed and deserved. Also, could you please highlight the leave policy of your firm.
I'm also super curious about whether you can use your entitled leaves (Tri has 21). Are you expected to not use them? Is that some weird display of commitment to your job? As a fresher are you expected to not take a vacation once a year? Is it very team/partner specific? How often do leave requests get turned down?
Not at Tri but have worked with a different Tier 1 firm and you were generally allowed to take proper leave if you informed well in advance. Might be a good idea to coordinate with your seniors so that you pick a time when the team isn't likely to be busy. If there is an emergency, some teams will expect you to wfh even with leave, but that depends on your team culture + how involved you were with the matter.
21 is WAYY below market standard. Do they have a separate medical leave?
I laughed when I read this and immediately cried because I think β€œNo” is the answer. Its not there at the firm I overwork with. Havent heard of any other firm providing this.
Sam- 29 days of leave and many different leaves for covid etc. Team has been super supportive of no care leaves for my three years with the firm. They do not mind if I use all of them (and shouldn’t because like everyone else I spend many weekends working and WFH doesn’t help).

No encashment and I prefer it that way. No idiotic idli sambhar or sandwich rules too. They do have a brilliant leave system in place and has worked well for me and my mental health so far
A weird policy that says you cannot "sandwich" leaves - like take Friday and next Monday leave to get 4 days off using 2 leaves. No logic to it honestly, Sat-Sun are technically holidays - no reason why they should be deducted from my leave.

Idli-Sambhar - I don't think that's a thing. But let me guess, work comes along even on leaves - like sambhar comes along with idli?