Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Where should one intern given the years (where should one intern at in the first year, second year, etc)

Where do international internships come in, and how does one go about getting them? Also when should we apply for clerkships?
The least you can do not put down someone if you don’t want to answer their question. The applications for these things start months in advance, if not years. Help them get some perspective, don’t show be cynical
Bhai juniors ke sath etni batmeezi kyu? Khood jab firm mey jayega tab unsey bhi kuch decency expect mat karna.
Whoever you are "(.)", I understand your frustration which has led to you putting down a first-year enthusiastic about internships. I would like to point that not everyone is from the top 3-4 NLU's and that's why internships are so important to have a chance of getting placed at the end of their law school. Even in top NLU's like NLU-J, GNLU, NLU-D only those who start as early as possible, get placed successfully at the end of their law school. Not everyone is stellar in their academics and if you're not in the top 5-10 of your whole batch, academics are anyway non-significant for the recruiters. So, OP keep working for it and try to intern as much as possible from the first year itself as this is what is going to set you apart from your peers. I have peers who started interning with top law firms from the second year itself and they have far more chances of getting recruited later on. Don't listen to advice that tells you to focus on studies and college "only". My suggestion would be, invest outside of college, as much as you can. Investing outside of college will be more helpful in getting that "PPO".
I’d suggest to go for clerkships from your 4th year. International internships are extremely hard to get
In yoir first year, do an ngo internship. Second year, hc. Third year, sc
Fourth year, clerkship
Fifth year, international