Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Starting off with my personal favourites:-
1) American Crime Story - Season 1 Only (OJ Simpson) - Epic Showmanship. Gets as real as it can and still be great.
2) Silk - Not much heard of British show. Slightly hard to find but totally worth the effort. (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1717455/)
2) Boston Legal - Pure Comedy Gold
3) The Good Wife - Loved every bit of it
4) The Good Fight - Great show but becomes bonkers once it starts with that Trump obsession. It becomes too political for my taste even though I have no stake in US politics it just gets disturbing.
5) Better Call Saul - If you haven't watched this, you should.
6) Rake - The only good thing to come out of Australia. Love the dysfunctional lawyer.
7) Tokyo Trial - Irrfan Khan for the win!
8) The Practice - Didn't really like it. Too serious for my taste.
9) Suits - Season 1 is watchable but after that it is turd.

Movies:-
1) The Paper Chase - Should be made mandatory for every law student to see this before they decide to suffer the trials of what lies ahead.
2) The People vs. Larry Flynt - All time legal favorite
3) Anatomy of a Murder & 12 Angry Men - Cult Classic
4) My Cousin Vinny - I liked the movie but didn't thought of it as good as much hype was created around it.
5) Dark Waters - If you have seen Erin Brockovich and liked it, this is what you were waiting for.
4) Devil's Advocate - Die-hard Al Pacino fan. Mea Culpa!
5) A Few Good Men & Shaurya (2008) - Both great movies. Even though the latter is clearly based on the former.
6) Movies based on John Grisham's novels - Most make for a good one time watch.
7) RBG - Loved it.
8) To Kill a Mocking bird - Again hate me as much for it, but I never got the appeal behind this movie.
9) Just Mercy, Trial of Chicago 7
10) In the Name of the Father - After reading the post by some idiot about how British rule was better, I wish more such movies were made in an Indian context. Britishers at that time even when judged by the standards of that time were the scum of the earth.
11) Marshall, The Judge - Had good expectations from both of them but both turned out quite disappointing.

Looking for recommendations from you guys. Especially looking for more Indian stuff to explore.

Is it me or is it hard to actually watch Better Call Saul in Season 5? It becomes difficult to like any of the characters except maybe Howard. Specially Saul and Kim - tend to like them less and less and less?
You make a valid point. It's hard to 'like' the characters. But I disagree on the hard to watch part. Characters may not be the likeable kind but doesn't take away from the show being interesting. It's like Breaking Bad - if you take events in isolation, they seen to be unrealistic. But if you watch the whole show, you realise how slowly the arc is defined, leading to the actual event. Something more realistic / likely to happen in real life (unlike some other ships).
But where is it going with Saul and Kim? Saul will go into hiding. But Kim?
Criminal Justice Season 1 was pretty good. Pankaj Tripathi killed it.
This is a fantastic list! I can also suggest the series Rebel (2021) which elaborates the clash between lawyers who believe you should only lawyer in public interest, and the other side of lawyers who believe that no matter what the defendant did, they have a right to a fair trial. With some drama added, this is quite the watch!
Erin Brokovich
My cousin Vinny
When They See Us
The Mauritanian
Primal Fear
The movie Court. Best Indian work reflecting the system accurately till date.
Oh yes! Really opened my eyes to how "western" jurisdictions rely on evidence rather than testimony to try accused persons. Also glaringly underscores how law enforcement has to do so much while being bound by a myriad of rules to bring down criminals who are bound by absolutely nothing.

Brilliant filmmaking.
Hands down! This movie is so subtle and at the same time wonderfully filmed. Although, it is in marathi I loved it 💞
The VERDICT. Paul Newman at his best. 5 Academy Award nominations. Slow burn.. a bit retro...definitely not overtly thrilling...but in the end a masterpiece.
Presumed Guilty
Lincoln lawyer
Kramer v. Kramer
Michael Clayton
Judgement at Nuremberg
Just Mercy
The Judge