Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
NUJS. No debarment because of attendance, curfews are in name only.
Yes, that's why the Rhodes scholarships, FB fellowships, multiple foreign LLMs, policy body jobs keep randomly dropping from the sky. Not to mention two quality student run journals appreciated across the country. Jealous much?
Quality journals, eh? Explain this gem please.

https://www.slideshare.net/rajendra1991/akp-24494932

Nice name as well. "International Journal of Law and Policy Review".
Why would I have to explain the quality of one journal in order to talk about other journals? Who has taught you logic? I'm talking about student run journals like NUJS Law Review and Journal of Indian Law and Society, both of which are considered decent enough in the legal community, your personal opinion notwithstanding.
Yes, thank you. I meant NUJS Law Review and JILS only. They are quite good. The others are, as the other commenter posted, trashy.
Please learn to read graphs. The trend has actually been upward over the past 5 years.
NUJS has one of the most toxic corporate culture in my opinion, how do you call it laid back?
Toxic corporate culture? Less than half the batch opt for campus placements, every year many students join litigation, clerkships, start entrepreneurial ventures, opt for higher studies and research positions at places like Vidhi and CIS. Just because they end up getting more law firm jobs than you do, that's no reason to lose your chill.
RMLNLU is pretty chill

3 online classes every day.

A ton of holidays.

Each semester 1 end term exam per subject with a research paper and VIVA (which is usually sent as a recording)

No compulsory attendance (in online mode)
Yes, the laidback attitude of RML does reflect in its stupendous placements.
Chill mf this is a laidback thread. No one is talking about placements here lmao
NLU D :- they are laid back where it’s meant to be and are stringent where it’s needed. En route to #1
Yes, that's why the complains about caste and gender discriminations thriving inside the campus, to say nothing about the corruption charges against the previous admin.
NALSAR is pretty chill. Academics aren't very hectic if you don't want to be at the top of your batch. Failing exams is tougher than passing them. Party scene in lit and overall a very vibrant culture full of something or the other always happening!
Please don't post stuff like "party scene is lit" about those nasty dhabas. Vibrant culture - full marks.
Sorry, But those dhabas might just be one of the fondest memories of many who actually went to NALSAR.
Arre no NPJ. Academics are doable - but for everyone. If you want a competitive advantage, please work hard. Don't mess up your GPA in the first semester. It is by no means "feedback on academics", but how some kids behave. Please take school seriously.
That's relatively new with Shanta sir as VC, but even now I wouldn't call us laid back. Maybe more student friendly.
NLUD is quite chill too, they have been the most understanding w.r.t online exams and assessments during the pandemic
How do you know that they have been the 'most understanding'? Are you maintaining a tabular/graphical comparison across law schools? If so, please send it to Kian, I'm sure he'll love to publish it.
I remember the time NLUD students were parading around campaigning for a week's holiday due to constant classes in pandemic. Where did the laid back and chill come from? There wasn't any understanding and so far as my knowledge goes, there weren't any week vacations given.
Since I have only really been to one NLU, I cannot myself compare. But I think GNLU is pretty chill.

No campus curfew, you can roam around the campus entire night (will get warned by guards) but nobody is on your ass for going to the hostel.
Boys and Girls hostel are 5m apart, in front of the other.
You can leave college premises till 10pm, can come back any time. Apparently your parents get mailed if you make a late entry, but no mail has ever reached my parents' email.
Classes from 9:30-2. Pretty reasonable imo.
Attendance backs are no problem, they get cleared every time even if it takes half a day coaxing the admin staff.

The new VC is alright, definitely better than the last one and now we have AC in our mess (not a good idea in my opinion but it is change, new in GNLU). Overall life is chill.
GNLU student here as well and this is the firm time I've heard that AC in the mess isn't a good idea!! why do you think so?