Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I am going to complete my 6 months internship at a start up this week. I have not applied for any more internships, except for this one internship that I have in December. I am in my final year, and intend to prepare for competitive exams. Along with this, is there anything unusual I could do, that would help me learn new things? Any ideas, related to academics (does not have to be related to law)? I like trying new things, and I am not fixated on securing a law firm job.
I am happy that you want to explore things and grow. Go work in a role that you would never do normally to learn things. I am assuming at the start up you were more of a generalist/ ops person, so continue to do something like that or switch to something far out of left field. Think about doing SEO or Digital Marketing, or stand-up, ya kuch bhi.

Fifth year is the time when all of us become lazy and want to chill, and it is a great idea to chill, you will never get so much free time again, but if you can do it and are up to it, do that thing you wanted to do for 5 years but didn't do because you thought people wouldn't think it was cool or you felt you would be bad at it. You wanna learn salsa but are shy - go do it, whatever it is.
Thanks, I worked in the venture capital space at my internship..so months of drafting term sheets, SHAs and reviewing DD Reports has kind of left me drained. Also, curating lists of investors putting in lakhs and crores has put me off the start up space for some reason. I feel its more about everyone getting returns and building their brands 5 years down the line, than actual passion and interest in the product. So I am looking to do stuff that is usually deemed "unproductive", but can be very rewarding. I just finished my musical training and am about to complete my foreign language course, so I don't know what I will do after that. Everything's coming to an end at around the same time, and I feel like I am going to face a void hereon :(
contact a newspaper dy editor and get a commission to write first person account about any legal issue - problems at police station, despondency of litigants in courts, petty corruption etc.
Consume it, learn it, practice it, do it. Create. And put it out there.
Try starting a sport? Maybe something with an end goal in mind, like training for a marathon?

You could also perhaps start a blog, or write for a newspaper on topics that you're interested in.

I've always found that reading is the most productive use of time tbh. But don't restrict yourself to one genre of books, try a wide range. You can maybe search for book recommendation lists on twitter, or lists by people like Obama. If you don't like reading, you could perhaps start audiobooks/podcasts.

Let me know if you need any other suggestions lol
I am terrible at sports XD but I do like reading. And I do have a blog as well, I write pretty regularly unless I have exams. Lol I am running out of ideas to keep myself engaged in anything productive :p Btw how does one approach a newspaper? I have always wanted to write a column but I don't know whom to contact.
Try emailing the editors. Or check out the editorial/opinion sections on newspapers, I think they have emails. If anyone else has any other leads, please tell?

And regarding the productivity part, tbh I think you should take some time off and relax too. This is the last year you'll actually get time to yourself, so don't overburden yourself by trying to be productive. Take it easy!!