Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
I guess the last time most people heard about Abhishek Sudhir was regarding a controversy about a "roast" of his students at JGLS, following which he left and then set up a law tutorial service called Sudhir Law Review.

https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/jindal-agrees-to-roast-after-scheduling-issues-enter-a-post-title-20150225-5643

I heard of him again after all these years after seeing him as Republic TV panellist recently, speaking for the opposition. On googling I saw that he has now officially/unofficially joined the Samajwadi Party and is running a campaign called Citizens for Akhilesh to urge citizens to support SP during the upcoming UP elections. Curiously, his old tweets are now gone and his social media profile effectively starts from May 2021, with a series of pro-Akhilesh tweets.

https://twitter.com/barristersudhir?lang=en

I find all this a bit strange as he is a South Indian in Delhi. The SP has no presence in the South and its presence in Delhi is very small and that too mainly among the Hindi-speaking migrant labour community from UP (Yadav and Muslim communities mostly). Does anyone know the background? Is the SP seeking smart, English-speaking professionals prior to the elections? Will Sudhir contest himself, from Noida perhaps?
In fact, he is the founder of Citizens4Akhilesh according to the Twitter page https://twitter.com/CTzens4Akhilesh?s=08 But the account only has 46 followers in 3 months, which shows a low impact. Certainly, it is rather strange. The Samajwadi Party's votebank are not English-speaking middle-class Twitter users.But maybe it is an attempt to expand.
He is appearing on several TV channels everyday and could become national spokesman. The SP has made Jaya Bacchan a Rajya Sabha MP, so they are not averse to making educated people MPs. Perhaps he could succeed Jaya Bacchan in the Rajya Sabha in the future, once she takes retirement.
Educated professionals get more importance in regional parties, such as Mahua in TMC and Priyanka Chaturvedi in Shiv Sena. NLU grads should think about joining such parties as the Congress and BJP are neglecting NLU grads. Modi is making IIT grads minsters but ignoring NLU grads even though IITs and NLUs are now at the same level in terms of prestige.
IITs and NLUs at the same level of prestige? What are you smoking bro/sis?

One way to look at it is the prestige that comes with the newest institutes of the two categories: Do DBRANLU and IIT Goa elicit the same level of prestige to you?
Yaar how can an actual adult write this stuff. What is wrong with you? Please tell me you’re still in school.
It's all subjective. According to Rajneesh Singh NLUs upto to GNLU have the same prestige as IIT, but I think only NLSIU/NALSAR have that status.
I just saw him on Republic now, lie with Arnab. I guess he is their #1 spokesman now.
Seen him twice on TV. All the guy does is shout and not let the other person speak.
LOL. This guy is on TV everyday now. Just shouts meaninglessly and interrupts others. He has little to show as an academic or practitioner, so he has now joined politics.
That's just the format of the show and the audience he is catering to. See some of his video lectures on Youtube and then judge him as an academic.
While I was at JGLS, he was one of the good ones, not just concerned about his publications, he cared about what he taught in class. Gave contemporary exams from popular media to make his lectures more relatable and was pretty good at breaking down complex topics into easy to understand chunks of problems.

Haven't followed him since he left, and just checked him out on TV, and this is a big let down but well considering the recent treatment meted out by Yogi govt on farmers, SP has a real shot at it, and this guy can then be Akhilesh's Jaitley, not bad by any standard.
Akhilesh’s Jaitley πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Are you really comparing him to Arun Jaitley??πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
How is Sudhir Law Lectures?

Should I pay for that - I checked the free lectures and he teaches well. Great lectures. I wasted all my 5 years in law school - now want to hear this for Judicial Exams.

But my fear is that his lectures are only few.

So in a choice between Lawpreneurs vs Sudheer Lectures which is better?
Honestly, the lectures are pretty bad. You are much better off making friends with class toppers and using their notes for the exam. There are also some good free lectures on YouTube.
Gaurav Bhatia was the educated lawyer face of SP, now in BJP. Sudhir has replaced him. If SP comes to power perhaps he could be appointed as Advocate General of UP, or get a Rajya Sabha ticket.
He is not going to go Rajya sabha or become the advocate general. Gaurav bhatia’s father was a veteran in SP, which is why he was made spokesperson and he was also only addl advocate general.
He's not smart lol. If he were, he wouldn't be in SP. If you call grabbing the opportunity as smart, then he's surely a saddo to join the most unethical and goon filled party. I kid you not, SP workforce and leadership are not humans
This fellow is so annoying! He never lets the other person speak and when asked about Akhilesh's faults just replies that Modi is bad!!! As one commenter said SP is just a party of goons.
He is out to salvage a career after that "jln roast" controversy... the expression on his face is absolute toxic arrogance.. he speaks English is the only what ever of his persona 😑
Agree. I just change the channel whenever he is on. Speaks utter rubbish and always interrupts others.