Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
How long did it take to get a job? And was explaining a gap a handicap during interviews? Do potential employers look down upon a break? What is the ideal break period? Is a break of 1 year defendable in interviews?Op
Hi. I recently quit from my position of Associate in the general corporate team of a boutique law firm.Before this, I had worked in 1.6 year in corporate and 2 years in litigation. I quit because the environment was very toxic and the work was also not that qualitative. I had no offer at that time in my hand but I started preparing for the quit before the actual quit. So I used to apply every day on naukri and LinkedIn which gave me visibility and recruiters started noticing me. After my exit, there were 6 interviews lined up before me and I used to tell them that I am serving my notice period and can join immediately. You can do this process for 3 months but after that I don't think you can use this excuse. Finally one of interview worked, and I again landed in house. So it took around 1 month to me but can't say for other's. All the best. Just believe you are not alone in this process.