Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Since so many of us are in toxic workplaces, I'm trying to list characteristics of what makes a decent, reasonable and professional workplace. Please add to this list.

1. They try their best to not disturb you during your leave.
2. There is an understanding that work during the weekend (at least Sundays) is only for exceptional cases.
3. Partner tells you that certain deliverables can be done on Monday.
3. They take time and effort in explaining the background to a transaction to a person who is new.
4. Even junior level associates are introduced in a call to clients.
5. There is a general camaraderie and people are kind to one another. Partner makes small talk with junior associates even outside of deliverables. People check in on one another in case of sick days etc.
6. Certain flexibility in terms of how you want to approach your work and how a person can structure their day. No one is randomly breathing down the other person's neck.
7. Active discussion about bandwidth and reallocation of work in case someone is drowning.

PS: Do not spam this thread about how this is utopian and this never happens. I have listed it from teams that I have observed as having a good work culture. The idea is for people to learn and identify where their team is lacking.