Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi,

As part of my assessment internship, I have been asked to take a term sheet assignment wherein I need to identify the faulty clauses etc. Any tips on how to ace the same? Any tricks, reading materials would be of great help
Ask Senior's who got through for their template and paraphrase. After working in a law firm for over 5 years, I think it's stupid of any law firm to expect a 3th/4th year student to mark up a term sheet especially when no background is given to them. Most of them are not even aware of the SHA
Exactly. In my 10 years odd experience, I've never seen a student been given termsheet drafting or review.
Not really. The practical aspects of term sheets are quite different than portrayed here. Full marks to the faculty for trying though. More than what most do.
Veritas? Make sure you're good with the fundamental law. Poor drafting would still be acceptable
just play it logically i.e. what all will you look for if you were to invest? that way you will be able to answer queries/follow ups on your mark up.. also, if you are taking help of any third party, be very thorough and understand each and every point before sending it for assessment.
Guys,

This is the OP here. Please let me know if anyone of you would have a sample term sheet review (party names can be redacted of course). It would help me get a basic idea of how to go about the assignment. My email id is nsacrypto001@gmail.com.