Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a 24 year old currently working at a startup but I do not want to continue here(it's a sales profile). I want to appear for CLAT 2022 and and join the BALLB course if I get into a top 5 NLU. It was much later in life that I realised I would want to become a lawyer. I want to study for CLAT 2022 once and give it my best shot. My two concerns are that I will be 30 upon graduation and if it will be a hindrance for campus placements, and the second is if automation will replace lawyers.

Please help.
Isn't there an age limit for CLAT? Or has it been removed now? Used to be in place back in 2009.
Do you have an undergrad degree? If yes it makes much more sense to do a 3 year degree.
If you have an undergraduate degree it makes more sense to join a 3 year law programme.

While I know the value of 3 year LLB is declining, There are still some very good institutions you can join CLC Delhi University being one of the best.

To be honest in corporate the age gap will cause some issues but as you were already working and not just sitting at home I am sure that the recruiters would understand that.

After finishing your LLB you should if possible get an LLM from outside India in any prestigious university, then no one would actually care as to when you graduated.

Automation might help reducing the work load of corporate lawyers by doing their grunt work, replacing them entirely I don't think so.

Litigation on the other hand can never be automated, I mean it's 2021 and all the case files of the courts are still not digitised, the bar as well as the bench hate technology and automation even if it makes their life easy, crappy infrastructure in Lower courts means that automation atleast in the filing and the grunt work side won't be automated for the next 25 years atleast.

A tip: If you end up doing a 3 year law program you can try litigating for a few years and after you have practiced for at least seven years and have reached the age of 35 you can appear in higher Judicial services examination and become an ADJ directly.