Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
NLS-NALSAR-NUJS are gonna stay bro. No matter if IIT K or Jamia are ranked number 1 by NIRF next year or any of the coming years. (And judging by how they have ALREADY displaced some of the best NLUs of the country like GNLU and NLUJ, that day is not very far behind). I am sure within 5 years of JNU launching their 5 year law program, NIRF will start placing it in top 5. The Sarkari babus will be like "Oh so JNU has a law program..hmm MUST put it at the top." NIRF rankings are just a bunch of numbers that no law firm or recruiter cares about because of the way they have handled the law school part of it. So your career outcomes will be the same in the top 5 NLUs more or less and Jamia or IIT or JNU are not going to take that away anytime soon. You will end up from a JNU law the same way you will end up from an IIT Law. The truth is brutal but somebody's gonna say it.
And what do you think what has happened to IIT Law grads? As far as I know many of them are leading figures in patent law practice.
Not really, no. They get into that practice because that's the best option available to grads of RGIOIPS or whatever it is called. But nobody has made an independent name for themselves as such yet. Too soon anyway. There have been less than 10 graduating batches so far.
J Sai Deepak is their most well-known graduate so far. Ironically, with some push from the right wing, he could end up becoming a Senior Advocate or ASG before grads from NALSAR, NLUD and NUJS.
Omfg why are people so obsessed with NIRF? Seriously, would you advise your own younger sibling to go to IITKGP instead of NLUJ or GNLU? Will recruiters look at saveetha and kiit the same way that they look at NLUs or even Jindal? The rankings are bizarre, and I'm saying this as someone whose law school is ranked 1 by NIRF. Also, enough with the "will xyz college's law degree affect NLUs?" question, as can be seen over the last decade or more, the answer is clearly "no".