Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
because let's be real, we just do the paperwork on deals that business honchos come up with, and nobody outside legal and business circles knows or cares about us
I think perhaps the sheer amount of coverage that β€œdeals” and people being promoted or moving from one law firm to another is out of sync with how much people actually care about such things. I mean people who are mentioned in an article and their friends would care- but does the average person/ average lawyer? Unlikely.

Having said that, I don’t resent that these folks get this much attention. I just wish some of this attention was at least a little critical. What is the impact of all of these β€œdeals”? What does it say about how the wealthy get wealthier? What does it say about the moral agency of lawyers?

I wish we had more reporting that didn’t just glorify these transactions by talking about the dollar value attached or the amount of money the firm made. I wish we had reporting that went deeper into how all this wealth is created and maintained.