Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
Why was it a cringe fest? What were you expecting - Bono to come down and entertain us? Employees of the firm came up with individual performances - singing, playing piano, card tricks. That what such events are for, especially in covid times. It's not just held for the managing partner to announce winners and leave. It takes guts and courage to get on stage (a virtual one in this case) and express yourself infront of 400 folks. Kudos to them. Icing on the cake to have someone as inspirational as Neeraj Chopra to take time out to speak to everyone for half an hour and really motivate them.
Hua kyaa bro ? I logged for few seconds to hear RKL talking about some one sucking a lemon. Nothing has changed here :(
Was sad to see RKL the way he was looking. He looked tired and rightly so... All that litigation seems to have had an effect on him. Not for long I hope. Pray that he is back to his jovial self soon.
Can't help but curse that loser for doing what he did to RKL. Shame on him. Shame on his band of traitors.
Rajiv this is a temporary fall. You have survived through worse.
That is unfortunate. I have no idea about the split etc. But on a few occassions that I did have a a chance to meet RKL, I have been astounded by his hospitality and his charm. His brilliance as a lawyer will exist as a stuff of legend, as will his kindness.
- R
LI appreciating RKL - am I dreaming?

All else aside, his hospitality and warmth in unparalleled.

Whoever you are dear author of 6.1 - keep it up. Good to see some sincerity at LI.
During the 2nd wave, the LL group of helping people is a story I wish I could cover. Including the fact there were tragic losses at LL. I have not seen any other firm mobilise, like the way they did. My personal opinion.

- R
A lot of the people who took initiative on that group have since left. L&L had a great set of people….sadly, the lack of strategic vision has cost the firm dearly.
+1
LI rarely publishes pro RKL comments. Even within this thread, there's a comment calling him an [..], which obviously falls foul of LI's moderation policy since its an unsubstantiated, personal and disparaging remark. It's still up though.
I can understand your anger and I wish him well too. But not fair to curse anyone like this. Another perspective I am offering you:

- The person who left was handing the bulk of firm heavy lifting - hiring. Performance evaluation, admin and business. He was slogging and RKL enjoyed the free time as super boss. Now rkl has to do a lot of that.

- RKL has, against a lot of well wishers advise, known to have a very strong [...]. Which is known publicly at the firm. Given his health for past many years he ought to stop this self destructive behavior. No one can be blamed for that. I feel very bad too seeing him like that - but he scoffs at any requests to stop [...] :-(
He had the audacity to smoke his pipe inside the office room! It would stink up the whole office as smoke would travel thru spilt ac ventilation ducts. Also if people coughed in his room because of the bellowing smoke he just pretended not to notice.
It's shocking that Kian / Legally India has not deleted this comment. Who are you to make personal remarks against someone of that stature without any proof whatsoever? And how is Legally India allowing such personal remarks to subsist?
Absolutely. Just a matter of time before LL is back to its numero uno spot. All obstacles and speed bumps have been cleared.
for Gods sake it was a Fabulous! Annual Day, icing clearly was a one to one with Neeraj Chopra and Charu Sharma.
promotions, awards, talent show by in house members and family, one of the Best I have witnessed
I heard Fali S Nariman also made an appearance with a testimonial. Oh wait ...
How amazing was it that RKL managed to rope in Neeraj Chopra for this! Such inspiring words. And it wasn't just a guest appearance either. He spoke for a good half hour!
It was good. RKL is a great lawyer, a true doyen of the new era of corp law firms and one of the OG Big 6 hitter. Very jovial guy always talks to everyone around, from office boys to A0. Love his energy. The litigation may have taken a small toll but it is all behind and he is a great man and he L&L has a long way to go.
A) Are they actually hiring in substantial numbers, now?
(B) For lateral hires, do internal referrals work at L&L?
(C) Should they be mailed at their recruitment ID or a Partner?
All respect to Olympic winner! but why is he needed in annual day, just to show off kids.
Kaam karo paisa do
A 150-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.