Read 263 comments as:
Filter By
We can use this as the live thread and I will moderate this thread real time for the time being.

~ R
Yay, Best colleges (public and private respectively?): Go IIT Madras! go Indian Institute of Science Bangalore!

Engineering: 1. IIT Madras (surprise!)
Management: 1. IIT Ahmedabad

Wow, they're really going damn fast this year, ploughing through this, compared to last year's snoozefest... https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/government-s-nirf-university-rankings-to-be-released-tomorrow-20200610-11483

~ G
First 5 have been announced:

1. NLSIU Bangalore
2. NLU Delhi
3. Nalsar Hyderabad
4. NUJS Kolkata
5. IIT Kharagpur

Last year, the top 6 (including NUJS) were this:

In the new category of research institutions, 5 colleges are announced as picking up prizes. No points for guessing, no law colleges: Only 5 IITs (Bgl, Madras, Bombay, Delhi and Kharagpur, in that order)
For those who have switched off already, the snoozefest speechifying has now started πŸ˜‚

The clapping is oddly reminiscent of badly edited shows like Comedy Premier League.

~ R
Top 5 are same as last year's ranking. Not surprised, most of predicted that only except some NLUJ supporters.
WBNUJS moved up, IIT KGP lost 4th position and NLUJ probably lost a few scores and was pushed to 6th.
Shows how unreliable the rankings are if NLUD is over NALSAR and NUJS. ROFL.
Rhodes, UPSC, Placements, Moots, Important Gov Committees, Research centers that matter and students in CLAT constantly preferring NLUD over NUJS and equally with NALSAR phir bhi bolo how NLUD
Keep Rhodes and placement out of the list. NLUD is far behind NALSAR and NUJS both in those two metrics. In moots too.
False. Check your facts before you spew them out.

NLUD has about as many Rhodes scholars as NUJS and NALSAR did at the same age (with much lesser competition at that time).

As for moots, NLUD has won 5-6 big international moots (2 Man Lachs, 1 ICC, 1 Ox Price and 1 Ox IPR, as well as Henry Dunant Worlds). NALSAR only has 2 notable wins (1 Vis Vienna, 1 Ox Price) and NUJS has about 4-5 (2 Vis Vienna and 2 Vis HK). So, NLUD is only behind NLS on this metric despite being 20 years younger.
You call that goalpost shifting, troll? You're the one shifting goalposts by now claiming that one moot is that much better than another. In absolute number of moot wins (both domestic and foreign), NLUD is better than NALSAR. NALSAR is tied with Jindal with just 2 wins. NLUD also has better debating and ADR achievements, FYI. Go check if you are that keen, I don't have the time to list them all out. But I'll bet your butt-hurt ego will deny all that, including the superior NIRF rank for 4 years in a row, and continue to claim that NALSAR is much better.
Never did I claim that NALSAR was better than NLUD. The only person trolling here is you. Yes, it is goalpost shifting when you claim better Rhodes performance and then say only insofar as formative years go. And I am not making any person claim that one moot is better than another. The entire moot fraternity is aware of facts. The fact remains that you are not satisfied only with the areas NLUD has actually delivered better performance like research or UPSC, instead you are trying to bulldoze the argument by claiming its false superiority in areas where it doesn't have such preference. Such as Rhodes, moots and placement (the last one it doesn't have better performance than even NLUJ).
You are wasting my time arguing like this. You and your NLS/NALSAR/NUJS buddies can downvote NLUD all you want but it doesn't change any facts. I have been following moots since my time at law school and if you want to argue that NALSAR has better performances at say Jessup or Vis compared to NLUD, I won't sit here denying that. But the fact is that in terms of winning moots, (Ox IPR and Henry Dunant aren't some cheap international moots that anyone can easily win, NLS and Nalsar teams take part in them every year) NLUD is ahead of NALSAR.
Facts are pretty much accurate. Bias and false sense of pride are making you ignore those.
A guy puts out a random statment without any numbers and you support it whereas someone provides actual numbers and you say that the facts are wrong? Looks like you're the one who is too caught up in bias and subjectivity.
Last I checked, Maths still says 4 is more than 2. Maybe they have different maths formulae in AILET.
LOL. You might still have sour grapes for not getting through AILET but you should realise that most of us who cleared AILET have pretty good CLAT ranks and have ditched your precious CLAT colleges for NLUD.
I don't understand how IIT Kharagpur is at 5th, I know that they have an 3 year course on IP but still most 3 year law courses has no market value.

Except places like CLC DU, GLC etc.

The only thing which that University offers its name value which is also worthless in the law field.

I went through the data which they submitted last year, placements are a joke, no notable alumni from there in law field and very bad placement packages.

NLUJ, GNLU and NLIU are wayyy better Law schools than IIT KGP.
NUJS admin after seeing this is now planning to go on a year long vacation. Hard work pays off :)
I mean imo these rankings are useless and so is the hype about them. Moreover the contradicting stance of people irks me. Students would cite these rankings to flaunt to their superiority but that the same time call them false because of NLUD’s position over NALSAR, NLUJ and NUJS. Other reservations were kept, the people who are currently ostentatiously displaying these rankings everywhere would have completely repudiated its credibility by labelling it state and govt’s bias if GNLU was in the top 5 (albeit being an excellent institution completely capable of being in the top 5). The entire structure of NIRF would have been rebuffed if JGLS was given a spot in it. Currently, NLUD is facing the brunt of it. Thankfully, GNLU, NLUJ, Jindal and NLIU are safe. But you can’t have it both ways? You can’t be proud of being in a ranking and at the same time question it’s credibility for a very well deserving university at #2. What’s the point of rankings if you already have a ranking inside your head and are not ready to accept contrary opinions?
Right! If NLU Jodhpur substitutes NUJS next year, these rankings will once again be skewed and incorrect. Law school logic. The top three mafias must expect that they will be surpassed at some point in the future.
National Law University, Delhi, deserves credit for coming in so young and consistently beating two of the β€˜top three’ for two consecutive years in a ranking which is acknowledged and accepted by the β€˜top three’. It demonstrates that the β€˜top three’ are not unbeatable, and that newer institutions can outperform them. Don't forget that it wasn't always a β€˜top three,’ but a β€˜top four,’ with NLIU included. We know that the β€˜top three' are not invincible, as shown by the fall of NLIU and the ascent of NLUD over NALSAR and NUJS. I'm hoping to see NLUJ and GNLU in the top 5 in the near future.

Quoting from Eminem- Lucky you ft. Joyner Lucas

Quote:
Y'all gotta move, y'all gotta move, y'all gotta move Give me some room, give me some room, give me the juice Hop out the coupe, hop out the coupe, hop out and shoot Y'all gotta move, y'all gotta move, give me the juice
You are just being dumb. NIRF is the most shitty Ranking ever, according to them Savitra Tech college and IIT K law are also colleges.
You are partially right in asking one question. What's the point of these rankings? The answer is, nary a thing, of course! Regardless of whether your institution comes first or hundredth.
I'm sorry, but I disagree with JGLS point. If the daughter of the man who released these rankings, Union Minister of Education Mr Dharmendra Pradhan, is getting an education in Jindal and Jindal is ranked in the top 5, I will be concerned. I have nothing but admiration for Jindal and Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan for refusing to participate because that would have been foul play.

Rule of natural justice:- Nemo judex in causa sua, a dictum
JGLS isn't participating, in my opinion, since private institutions aren't given enough weight in the NIRF rankings. No private institution can be identified in any ranking, regardless of the streams. In the fields of engineering, medicine, architecture, law, management, and even research, I couldn't identify a single private institution in the top five. The Institute of Technology, Pilani (BITS Pilani) has been overlooked. MDI Gurugram has been completely overlooked. ISB Hyderabad has been completely overlooked. XLRI has gone unnoticed. CMC Vellore has been completely overlooked. These are all #2 and #3 in India easily. Symbiosis being one of the oldest private institutions in India has been entirely ignored. Strong case for private universities to not participate in these rankings.
Yo R, could you investigate into this? Is this a ranking meant for public institutions solely? This is a legit question. These are some of the best universities in India. You could feature this observation as well.

One more question, do they value scientific research over liberal arts, legal research? If that’s not the case, Ashoka university should be above all other universities in terms of research output.
Good questions! Minister said something like: in future, also private institutions should participate (though some do). "I expect much more participation in the ranking framework and more quality framework."

One of the IAS types who actually did the ranking and knows what they're talking about then piped up with a correction for the minister: "In the top 100 list there are around 20-30 institutions in the list." (but in the top 10 there were fewer)

So yes, private institutions are definitely allowed and encouraged to participate in NIRF but (in)famously, Jindal has decided to stay out, if that's what you're getting at...

In respect of your second point, any research is included but as far as we understand, scientific research output is much much greater in India and will get more international citations also (since much liberal arts research in India may be about India). So purely in terms of numbers and the citations scores, scientific research would probably trump humanities...

~ R
Well applying your Rule of natural justice:- Nemo judex in causa sua, a dictum, NIRF rankings must not be adjudged by the state (central govt.) because it cannot judge and rank universities established, held and managed by itself against privately held universities.
The fact that is to be noted before Dharmendra pradhan was Edu Min, jindal was already in that NIRF list.
It is a genuine question.

Do they not take part in the ranking? Are they too chicken shit to be ranked lower than Kalinga? :)
Do you mean NLS and gang chickened out during consideration for QS? Fear of ranking below University of Limpopo I assume?
Sonipat Narela Road, Near Jagdishpur Village, Sonipat, Haryana 131001
Yes, of course you are right. This entire ranking is politically decided. Amit Shah used the Delhi police to get NLUD in, Tejasvi did the trick for NLSIU, and Faisan threatened to stop his YouTube videos for NALSAR that made Sadguru take notice.
As someone from NUJS, I object to that statement. We do not consider ourselves to be 'above' anybody else. Thank you very much.
Was perception score factored in this time? That may be one explanation for the improved performance by NUJS.
SJA (in Big B baritone) to NUJS Admin and NKC: Khush toh aaj bohut hoge tum!
These are some possible reasons why IIT KGP keeps sneaking into the rankings:

1. For parameters like campus infrastructure they cite the overall parameters for IIT KGP (which is technically not cheating, as all IIT schools have common access).

2. They have 100% or near 100% placement due to small batch size and niche job market for patent engineers.

3. The names of recruiters (like Microsoft or TCS) impress NIRF more than CAM and SAM, even if salary is lower.

4. IIT brand name
Now it's finally conformed that NLSIU, NLUD and NALSAR are the Big 3. Rest are tier 2 and tier 3. This is official now.
This is official now. You should join Indian railways. With your amusing concept of tiers.
Shame on those of you trolling Dharmendra Pradhan's daughter. Jindal does not even participate in NIRF. She is an innocent girl who is being tarnished for no reason. Mr Pradhan is also one of the most honest ministers in India today. Note that Jindal will not participate in NIRF for next few years at least, possible even never.
This proves that the rankings are not static.By 2030, the top 5 will be:

1. NLSIU
2. NLUD
3. JGLS
4. NALSAR
5. GNLU
You might have said random names like Jio university. Would have amounted to the same thing.
lmao please your crumbling infrastructure and new VC cannot sustain that long. altho I dont agree with JGLS being third (what a joke lmao). NLSIU is not gonna be number 1 for long. It won't be long until NLUD/NALSAR beats NLSIU as number 1.
NLUJ should be ranked above NUJS. The infrastructure is better and there is no political interference by a tyrant government. Faculty is also better now, with recent exodus from NUJS.
Every single faculty from NLUJ, if given a chance and choice, will come to NUJS. Several of them keep trying.
Your VC is a dictator. When you have such a shit VC then why do you need govt. Sponsored tyrany lol
Middle of Salt Lake City - Middle of Nowhere - I think that makes up for the in house infrastructure difference.

As for governmental interference, it also gets countered by the fact that NUJS' has had a great student body (with the exception of the current SJA) that has actively acted against VCs and Registrar who have been complete government stooges.
Why are we not taking about Law School topping 4 years in a row? The government must give it INI status at once.
Which Law School are you talking about? Because there are a lot of them around. If you’re talking about the one that topped the rankings, then no I don’t think jindal global Law School being a private uni is eligible for INI.
Topped which ranking in which other universities actually participate again?
WTF is this??? Why is perception score being included once again???? It's a scam!!!
Why do idiots keep staying NALSAR is better than NLUD because of placements? A ranking looks at so much more than placements.
Isn't it obvious? They are all either very ignorant of reality or very insecure of NLUD's rise and will say anything to convince themselves that they are just as good/better. It's the same reason why they bash JGLS for doing better than NLS in the QS.
Only someone really pathetic will call there law school peers "idiots". People from NLS and NALSAR are so much more gracious even when criticising NLD D. Actually they don't criticize NLU D they criticise NIRF rankings. But you guys are just demeaning. Just goes to show about immaturity of you and other NLU D fanboys/girls here.
Not really. None of these "graduates" were very gracious when it came to criticising NLUD. Go see some of the older threads on NLUD's achievements.
Luckily, no one at NLUD really cares what they think and are continuing to cement their place as one of the best in the country. It's not like NLUD needs permission from NLS or NALSAR grads to do well for itself although the latter would like to believe that.
Also, don't forget that NLS grads did go and argue against their "great friends" from NALSAR and NUJS that only NLS didn't deserve to have any domicle quota. Before Sudhir screwed them over.
How degraceful u appear while talking abt graciousness of nls and nalsar and commenting about immaturity of nlud .such a big division in your own mind
GNLU and NLUJ over NUJS anyday. I value good infrastructure in the most important 5 years of my life when placements are more or less the same
Placements are no where near the same, NUJS has better placements than even NLS, so NLUJ and GNLU are not even in the same league.
So go there, who is stopping you? This is a thread about NIRF and not your personal CLAT preferences.
This take comes with a lot of privilege. Also maybe you are that backbencher kid who doesn't know shit. NUJS's placements are fat better than GNLU and NLUJ. At times it is even better than the designated top three. Get your facts right before you comment asshole.
Remove perception score and NLUD will be #1. Top 5 would certainly not look like this. IIT KGP would be nowhere to be found.
I don't know why Kian stopped the LI Moot and Placement rankings, That could have surely influenced NIRF and lowered NLSIU's rank.I hope NLSIU did not put pressure to stop these rankings.
Yes, because MHRD takes a memo from Kian before doing NIRF calculations.
Does that make you an EA player? Because you lack complete relevance in either?
NIRF = Ranji Trophy.
QS = Cricket World Cup.

Now you people decide which tournament you would rather win.
Sudhir's recent faculty hires makes NLSIU unbeatable. Jindal is the only law college right now which can beat NLSIU.
Yaar har jagah aa jaate ho tum JGLS waale "JINDAL JINDAL" karne. Make a new website called Legally Jindal and take this ( ) there.
Cumulatively the new faculty have got less than ten SCOPUS publications between the 8 of them. So their excellence won't be easily captured by NIRF. Now you can see why the rankings are faulty.
Aur nahin toh kya? Naveen Chachu ka diya huwa 2000 crores kahaan jata hai nahin toh?
Yo Mr. Ranking accurate wale cha cha....

Can you justify, "Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences" ranked higher than NLIU Bhopal.?
Yes. Because it is better. Sorry, difficult to even write that with a straight face.
Did any CLAT rankers drop NLSIU for another NLU this year? Does anyone know???
rankings are a construct of underlying variables, you choose which variables matter to in what ratio and come up with your own ranking. NIRF is no better than any other ranking except for the purported authenticity and reliability of their data. Wait for the disclosure of the underlying data and then you can have any meaningful debate (if you want to). IMHO the only ranking that matters will be the one chosen by CLAT aspirants (which is close to the perception ranks for NIRF). Which is NLS, NALSAR, NUJS etc. NLUD is an outlier because it doesnt take students via CLAT, next year when they do the ranking 'problem' will be solved to a great extent.
I start doubting the credibility of these rankings after looking at a college named "Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences" ranked higher than NLIU Bhopal :/

Then comes Kalinga Institute at 10. Holy crap.
BREAKING: Full ranking out. NUJS trails NALSAR by only 1.15 marks and NUJS also only narrowly overtook IIT. Boost for GNLU and Jamia, NLUJ falls bigtime. NLIU is bottom of the barrel.
WTF. NLSIU again got 100/100 in perception. Kian, please contact the NIRF rankers and do a story. Their names and email ids were shared on LI.
Even after making a laughing stock of themselves for NLAT and then later by opening a CLAT coaching programme.
LMAO. Yeah, Sadhguru seems to have given a curse that NALSAR will never cross the 3rd slot.
NLIU Bhopal is number 14 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Lovely Professional Higher than NUALS !!!πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
NUJS has scored very well in placements. Excellent score. It could have easily ranked 2, but for the fact that its RPC (Faculty Research) score is shockingly low. So it means the faculty are doing jack shit while the students are pushing the college upwards. The faculty is really hurting the NIRF score.

This urgently needs to be addressed. Faculty publishing C-grade articles in D-grade journals must be sacked. SJA must urgently demand that all faculty publish only in Scopus-indexed journals. In India, that covers EPW, JIPR, Jindal Law Review. But why India, faulty must publish in foreign journals listed in SCOPUS.

This is really disheartening. Students working so hard and faculty brining the college down.
Yes, faculty should stop teaching and only focus on publishing. Plenty of other places are doing that. Students should not have to attend classes and they can instead focus on getting jobs. Everybody will be happy that way.
Are you saying that the faculty have got no role to play in the fact that the students end up securing good jobs? Then why aren't the students of other universities getting similar placement records? What rubbish! It is true that the faculty should focus on good publications, but students should actually start demanding better faculty student ratio, less administrative workload on faculty, and get faculty with good publication record instead of adhering to archaic UGC rules (students had demanded earlier that faculty should only be taken on the basis of such rules regardless of their industry experience) and state-fangled reservation policies.
While the solution pointed out here may not be the most sound (while SCOPUS is great for science publications, it should not be used as the holy grail for legal faculty) - it is true that NUJS' rankings could be far better if the faculty put in a bit more effort for god's sake!
Very true. It is equally true that the handful of good faculty who are still there or have left recently are also really disappointed with the efforts put in by the students lately.
I think that’s one of the only few domestic law journals enlisted in SCOPUS
the sja should do a lot of things, but based on their past performance now the gb doesn't even expect anything from them. for now even if they hold a gb meeting that would be beyond expectations
I believe NLIUs VC and Registrar are completely useless if they cannot submit proper data since years. The first VC did not even try, the following one doesn't know how to do his job.
Lol, your opinion and prediction matter as much as your relevance. Which is to say nothing at all, anon troll!
This is a very sensible ranking to me. I don't know why LI blurred it. It's very realistic.
The reason behind all three of your statements can be, wait for it, that you don't actually have a lot of sense?
People are not going to like it because nobody wants to be called tier 2 or tier 3 but this seems fairly reasonable. Also moderator, are you sure this is trollish? I can not spot anything outright unbelievable. Every observation seems more or less reasonable. Moroever its their personal opinion
What seems to be this 'reason' that makes a random ranking to be reasonable, exactly? I think you should exercise your reasoning faculties more.
What is the likely impact these rankings may have? Considering consistent top 5-6 ranking NLUs have dipped
NLIU has really declined in recent years. Soon the decline in NIRF will have an impact on CLAT preference. Everyone will prefer GNLU and MNLU to NLIU.
Nonsense ranking. Calcutta University, Jadavpur University and Hyderabad University ranked above DU in general university ranking. WHAT A JOKE. Find me one student who will choose these universities over DU.
Even the Shanghai Rankings this year has marked CU as second behind IISC. Student preference is not really a metric for rankings, national or international. And HU is doing amazingly well in terms of research over the last 2-3 years, got plenty of funding too. People who actually know the educational sector are aware of that.
For literature, comp lit and engineering, I'll choose JU any day over other Indian universities (other than some of the IITs for engineering).
Not to overlook the other inconsistences, but DU is genuinely falling. There's just some overhype among humanities students that DU is the best place to be. But tbh, DU colleges are way beyond their glory days. Universities like Jadavpur and Hyderabad are doing great. Did you know JU holds more patents than IIT-KGP? It has more research spending too. So why should a student interested in BSc. pure science degrees not go there and go to a Hindu/Ramjas where even the laboratories haven't been repaired in years?
CU and JU have been there for a very long time. So has been DU. Yes, some departments are great in CU and some are great in DU. Can't speak much for JU - but CU has produced legal luminaries, top politicians, and many other legends. Same with DU. Stop comparing - both are great and still doing fantastic despite new colleges opening up in every corner of the country. The legacy of both CU and DU is class apart.
NIRF claims that:

1) Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur > GNLU > Jamia Millia Islamia > NLU Jodhpur
2) Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences > National Law Institute University, Bhopal, RMLNLU, RGNUL
3) Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy > NLUO
4) Lovely Professional University > NUALS Kochi

If I was a prospective CLAT aspirant, would my seniors in NLUD, NUJS celebrating these rankings suggest me to choose Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences over NLIU Bhopal?

QS>BS
A lot of colleges have suffered because of low research and consultancy scores (RPC), while it also inflated some ranks. Here is the ranking based on RPC only:

1. IIT: 77.46
2. NLSIU: 55.64
3. NALSAR: 47.60
4. Saveetha Institute: 45.02
5. NLUD: 42.81
6. GNLU: 42.27
7. ICFAI: 38.60
8. Panjab University: 35.87
9. Jamia: 34.99
10. Shanmugha Academy: 34.37
11. GGSIP: 32.56
12. NUJS: 31.89
13. NLUJ: 29.82
14. Christ: 29.62
15. UPES: 28.28
16. RGNUL: 27.41
17. BHU: 26.55
18. KIIT: 26.53
19. AMU: 26.37
20. NLIU: 25.95
21. NUALS: 20.63
22. Symbiosis: 18.82
23. ILI: 15.96
24. NLUO: 13.12
25. Lovely: 9.73
26. NLU Assam: 3.24
27. RMLNLU: 2.60
28. DSNLU: 2.57
29. Army: 0.49
30. Sikkim: 0
Lol, with all those vaunted research centres, NLUD's research score is behind that of Saveetha Institute? That's rich!
KIIT Orissa has a perception score of 9.5 on 100 😭😭😭😭😭

Yet it is ranked #10 !!!! HOW THE FUCK IS THIS POSSIBLE????
Because of infra and number of faculty hires and research spending - which private universities anyday have an advantage over NLUs.
Tell me one research project from KIIT which you would know off, and which might have actually mattered to everyone?
From Bar & Bench:

120 law colleges from across the country participated in this year's NIRF Rankings.

The rankings are based on a number of factors including intake and student strength, placement & higher studies, number of PhD students, financial resources, sponsored research undertaken, consultancy projects, facilities for physically challenged students and faculty.

https://www.barandbench.com/news/lawschools/nirf-rankings-2021-nlsiu-nlu-delhi-nalsar-top-three-law-colleges
Does anyone know if NUJS mentioned Sports Authority of India in their NIRF application to claim that they have sports facilities? NIRF should note that SAI is different from NUJS. AFAIK SAI facilities are meant for Olympians to train in.

I am not trying to put anyone down, I just want clarity on what was communicated by NUJS to NIRF.
NUJS has never included SAI facilities as part of its own infra. It cannot do so legally. This year the main reason behind the jump in ranking is because it is getting more research and consultancy projects according to the report generated.
By the way, plenty of people other than Olympians train in SAI, so you should probably revise your knowledge.
the reason behind the rank increase is the improved perception score and placements
What do the top 15 look like once we discount research and consultancy scores, perception etc and take into account only the placement records for the undergrad courses? How do the top NLUs vs mid tier and the other private players pan out with the placements as the only metric? (Of the top 30 they've made public)
1. NUJS
2. NALSAR/NLSIU
3. NLUJ/GNLU
4. NLUD/NLIU
5. HNLU/JGLS (JGLS could have been placed higher, maybe at 4, if not for their huge batch size)
6. NLUO/Symbiosis/GLC Mumbai
7. RGNUL/NUALS/KIIT
8. UPES/Amity/ILS/Nirma
9. NLU Mumbai/NUSRL/CNLU/NLUJAA

p.s. I dislike rankings in general. This is an approximate picture of current corporate recruitment (law firms and in-house). I don't care if others differ from this, they can be equally right/wrong.
Facts contested, sure. But why trollish? Someone asked a question, another person responded, making clear that it is their personal opinion and others may differ. If the question is allowed, why on earth would the answer be marked trollish? Is this new moderator high?
Absolute rubbish and nonsense. Equating JGLS placements with HNLU? JGLS is in the top 3 at least.
Top three among private universities, maybe. To rank among the NLUs, it should first place at least 10% of its batch. Even lower ranked NLUs manage that much.
Hahahahaha guess who’s not in QS? Guess who isn’t an IoE? Guess which university records the highest zero day for the 2022 batch. The zero day placements surpassed a couple of your tier 1 universities let alone the final statement. You can carry out your propaganda on LI comments section by commenting on behalf of JGLS students and then trolling yourself but this only speaks about the volumes of obsession you have with an institution, that doesn’t compete in the same league as you, let alone caring about your existence. You very well know what you’d give to be a student of that institution with all this obsession that you carry on your shoulders.
You left out the NLU of the most populous state in India. Is it deliberate? Will its inclusion impact the forthcoming elections?
No one has asked for your list phokat ka. Christ has better placements than NLUJAA, KIIT or a NIRMA. Still seems to vanish.

Non sense. Like why do you waste your time and energy making out all these lists?
NLIU is in big trouble now. The ranking is low time and them again and it will fall behind in CLAT preferences. The VC must give answers
Yea, they should get training from Savita Institute of Tech and Medical Sciences.
They got better rank from NLIU.
The fact that there are around 200 comments on a 'ranking' - shows how jobless one could be. Rather than doing non-stop comparisons of colleges based on a ranking that is so flawed, why can't one focus on oneself?
Why aren't you focusing on yourself instead of adding the 201st comment?
Mamata congratulated all state universities except NUJS. No problem, but if you distance yourself from the college please also don't interfere in its working.

https://twitter.com/MamataOfficial/status/1435927196837703682
I am likely to get trolled for this but the reality is that NUJS does not blip on Mamata's radar. To many, like her, they "know" CU, JU, Presidency, SXC, SXU, traditional law colleges etc. Because of the absence of "politically affiliated" student unions and absence of long institutional histories, these institutions are commonly known and discussed.

The "political interference" is actually personal, in this case, by the AG. Before KD became the AG, no other AG has ever interfered this much. Historically, senior retired judges deemed "regime friendly" have held position of influence. How such individuals exercised their "influence" or got manipulated by faculty factions etc is a different story.

With KD as AG, things got quite dirty. He was smarting from the defeat in the SCM matter and brought that luggage here. KD and his "godfather" had a big role in how the Justice Ganguly issue played out. Later AG's deals with Prof Bhat and Co. got badly derailed when SJA outmaneuvered the manipulations by certain faculty members and scalped Prof Bhat and SAK. Despite best efforts by AG, Lord Taluk and NKC, the inquiries never went away.

Just when things were turning a corner for NKC and AG, the GoWB suddenly initiated a large scale inquiry covering many of the issues that were to be covered by the inquiries initiated by the EC in 2018 and 2019. These had been waylaid by AG and NKC.

It remains a mystery why the GoWB initiated an inquiry-audit, which surprised both AG and NKC. Skeptics claim that the inquiry by GoWB is actually a cover-up to help AG and NKC. Others opine that NKC was not honouring deals with AG and the inquiry is an arm twister.

Given that NKC prefers suppressing inquiry reports, we have no idea if the govt inquiry is done. Or when the report is the submitted, will NKC make it public? That AG hates transparency has been previously covered by LI here

https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/nujs-students-win-access-to-1-8gb-of-long-hidden-admin-meeting-minutes-from-madhava-menon-times-to-date-nearly-20190218-9895
Sorry, meant the presence of long institutional histories as opposed to NUJS lacking one when compared to CU, JU, Presidency, SXC (legacy effect on SXU), traditional law colleges (despite their low NAAC ratings etc).
This is a huge day for GNLU. Ranking over NLUJ is very big news. Gradually, you will see GNU overtake NLUJ firmly in CLAT preference. After that, GNLU will overtake NUJS and then join the Big 4. In the long run, NALSAR can be overtaken as the Telangana government is pretty useless while GNLU has a lot of backing.
Unlikely, because the GNLU 2020 batch believes that the only way to gain respect from the 2021 batch is to ensure arrival on campus 2 months before, lol! With such students, it is not going to overtake anyone except for universities where 'entire political science' is taught.
A 27-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
These rankings prove only one thing. That Ranbir Singh is the most powerful ex VC of India and closest to the government.
Who said that people from NUJS are taking the rankings seriously? At least the students are not. They are doing their work, regardless of rankings. You should do yours too. I am from NUJS and I don't really care where the government says we are in a table. Won't affect our performance in industry or academia.
The biggest winner of the rankings is undoubtedly GNLU. Beating NLUJ, NLIU and Symbiosis comfortably shows its growth. The top-4 were as expected, except f NLUD overtaking Nalsar. NLS continues to maintain its stranglehold on the rankings.
For those looking for the 5 key points coming from yesterday's rankings:-
1. NLS continues to rule the roost, bagging the 1st position, beating the rest of the competition.
2. NLUD edges out NALSAR in a tight finish.
3. NUJS beats rivals to finish a strong 4th.
4. GNLU beats NLUJ.
5. Suprises:- IIT-K finishes wihin Top-5 and NLIU continues to fall.
GNLU's performance should be the main headline. This is the start of a big upward move. I guarantee you that GNLU will be in the top 3 in 5 to 10 years. Mark my words.
Someone should write an article in the Wire about shady places like Saveetha. There has definitely been corruption in the rankings to place it so high.
The metrics tested by NIRF or even foreign systems like QS can be hacked if you have got enough money and a halfway decent plan. Any private university can do it with time. That doesn't necessarily make the university a good place to study at.
Friends, you may disagree with the ranking, but as it is the official government ranking we must all accept it. Regarding the KIIT ranking, you should note that KIIT has got IOE status and has been selected by Bar Council of India to set up Indies only law research institute. It is the second such institute being set up by BCI after NLSIU. Also, the ex-VCs of KIIT are now VCs of NALSAR and NUJS. So it is totally justified to have KIIT in the top 10 and it is now the official ranking as NIRF has government of India stamp.
City location matters the most. Eventually MNLU>NLUD>NLSIU> will be the top, just like IIT Bom>Del>Mad is the preference, despite KGP being the oldest and biggest IIT.
Eventually global warming will cause MNLU to be washed away by the Arabian Sea. But that hasn't happened yet either.
Weird to see such little focus on GNLU. It is the only law school which has steadily climbed the rankings and is the biggest long-term threat to the current top 3.
Why do you see everything as a threat? Is this a product of nature or nurture? Why would one university be 'afraid' of another doing well?
UPNLU Prayagraj can also be one to watch for in the future in NIRF rankings. The President inaugurated it and he is from Prayagraj, so he will back it to the hilt. Also, it is Yogi Aditynath's brainchild so he will also give full backing. If eh becomes PM in future they more funds will flow.
There's that troll again. Trying to talk about an institution which currently only has got a big-ass foundation stone and little else to show for it.
What would happen to RMLNLU, Lucknow which does not have Chief Justice of UP (Allahabad H.C.) State as the Chancellor? The Governor of UP is also not Chancellor of RMLNLU.
Every NLU is the brain child of its state government. If not, then whose brainchild is RMLNLU, Lucknow.
Why is HNLU not entering the rankings? This is an important question many are missing out. Isn't it compulsory for all NLUs to enter NIRF? Why should HNLU be ranked within even top 15 NLU preference if the college won't participate in NIRF?
No ranking is compulsory. Please spend some of the time you waste here in getting some real knowledge.
Nobody has ranked HNLU or any NLU when it comes to student preference. Students don't go by NIRF ranking. Otherwise half of the CLAT aspirants would have appeared for IIT KGP's law entrance too.
Spot on. All the CLAT aspirants aspire for admission in top 20 NLUs. If they fail to get it, then only they start searching for other private law colleges. NIRF ranking is never their concern.
Top 20 NLUs? Seriously? Even a person with semi decent deduction comes to know of the fact that NLU post the top 4-5 are barely a hallmark of success, to a point that it is barely a matter of concern for hardworking student if he's supposedly studying in a decentish NLU like Lucknow or in a private university like Symbiosis or Christ. It's not NLU vs Non NLU for career prospects, it's always been either top 5 NLU or the rest of the crowd. But sure, if you want to remain in the false superiority of the "20 NLU then come private colleges" paradigm, then by all means you're entitled.
You are talking nonsense. Just 4-5 NLUs? What about GNLU,NLIU and RGNUL then? Their placements are a lot super to Symbi, Christ etc. Even if you go down to NUALS, NLUO, HNLU etc they are much better, while MNLU has good log term prospects. So it's right to say that top 20 NLUs + JGLS are better than other colleges.
We know you are from RGNUL but imagine placing RGNUL with GNLU and NLIU lol. You guys have one Tier I placement, compete with Amity Noida. That's more like your league
Log term prospects sound accurate enough. You can join as a log cutter after graduation and help the government bring about development.
RGNUL placements are 'a lot super' than Symbi? You are smoking the good stuff from RGNUL for sure.
A 97-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.