Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
This question has been asked probably many times but I’ll ask it again. I come from a tier 2 private university and I am in my fourth year, just got an internship with a tier 1 firm.

How to get a call back/ppo? How to impress everyone? How to ask for a callback? Also if my internship has been confirmed over mail, how to know what team I’d be interning under?

Kuch bhi bata do yaar, this is the biggest moment and I am getting nervous. I don’t have any alumni as such who could guide me
Couple of tips:
1. Be as responsive as you can, the moment you get work, acknowledge receipt of it, and try to clarify any and all questions you may have as soon as possible. The mindset with which you have to work is to be a value addition to the assigning associate's product. Ask for how to format, structure, what extent of research is required, and exactly what are you supposed to do.
2. Keep asking for work. Ask your HR how do you get work, and explore those channels. Please do not sit idle at any point of time during your internship.
3. Be good and consistent with your work. Show genuine interest, try to be as thorough as you can be and demonstrate potential to learn. Ensure everything is grammatically good, and use formal formats (Times New Roman or Garamond) with justified text. Each email you send must also be proofread at least twice.
4. Ask for feedback. Since its your first internship, your immediate goal should be to secure recurring work from 2-3 associates. These individuals would then, if you are consistent and upto it, give feedback which can then help in your assessment internship. If they don't have time, understand, back down, and be a good judge so that you do not annoy them (since its an online format), space out your requests but at least once a week you should ask for feedback.
5. Pray that you get a good team and associates who trust interns with work. Luck is a strong factor, chances are very high your workflow may not be too much, so whatever work you get, treat it with absolute seriousness.