Read 54 comments as:
Filter By
Just trying to figure out who has the best life. Example:

30, CAM Associate, 15 countries

20, JGLS student, 6 countries

25, litigation junior to a Senior Advocate, no countries coz these guys don't pay
How can you determine life on the basis of these criteria?
A CAM associate who've visited 16 countries could be depressed and the litigator could be satisfied with his work. You can't judge someone based on these factors lol. I'm disappointed whoever you're lmao
22, Student from one of the "Tier-1 NLUs".

Countries visited: Zero

Countries I'm planning to visit in the near future: Zero

Grinded away late teenage years preparing for CLAT, having no real financial backing otherwise.
Now, I'm planning to slave away in a law firm to make good money and finally achieve the prized socio-economic mobility. Of course, travelling won't be an option there.

I do plan to visit Russia some day. It is my childhood dream to explore that country.
29, KCO, Italy, US, France, Czech Republic, Austria, UK, Greece, Singapore, Hungary, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, UAE
30, Big 6, In House, 2 countries. Probably would stay like that for the next few years.
I think this is a very fallacious questipn because a lot depends on how loaded you were to start out with, even assuming the same amount of wish to travel
I'm at NLUJ and joining a tier 1 and have peers who've been to like seven countries, backpacking through Europe choosing fancy ADR competitions to travel etc. whereas I can't afford to be anywhere and my law firm salary will just be enough to have some stability without any overseas travel.
25, Tier 1 Associate. 0 countries because team doesn't give any holidays but have used Mauritius, Singapore, Sydney, New York, London and Zurich for my Business Day definitions
23. Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, Bhutan, Nepal, Mauritius, UAE, Bahrain.
Sometimes I feel so sad that despite earning the same amount of money as my peers, I am so much poorer than them.
34, Advocate, 22 countries.

I drown the pains of work, by excess cribbing about work, frequently telling people that I work long days and screaming that my work day is longer than any other profession (especially when no one asked for it) and travelling to a new country almost every other year, so I can wipe away my tears with the visa stamped passport pages.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/FizbTVvAPR97wAyv6[/img]
28; tech, privacy, and private equity law; 15 countries

Four of them in law school for competitions and an internship.

One for a Masters degree.

The rest for vacation after I started working.
How did you get so much vacation - in 5 years - to visit 10 + countries while having a hectic job at a Tier 1 Law firm?

Tips please :D/
35, Entrepreneur, 20

Not long back I was
30, X. Associate at a Tier 1, 7
Love how entrepreneurship gave you the freedom to travel to 17 countries and have a control of your time. May I ask which field are you into now?
How can a law firm associate visit 0 countries? I thought every law firm associate went to Maldives during Covid to copy Bollywood celebs and uploaded pics on Insta? So at least 1 country should be visited by all?
27, working at a top law school in EU, 7 countries.

Yeah, I do not travel much even with the benefit of Schengen.
hello,

dunno if you will read this reply. But if you do, I was wondering if you would like to start a new thread and give your honest opinion about the law schools in the continent and may be career prospect post LLM, research culture etc. so basically things which school/uni websites will not tell you.

thanks
@OP need clarification on the following:

would transit countries count?

if I am settled in another country will that country count?

will scotland count as a different country or fall under the UK?

will British Overseas Territories count as separate countries?

will disputed territories count as a separate country? eg. Kosovo, Palestine, Taiwan etc.
24, Tier-1 Associate, ZERO COUNTRIES! AND NO - THIS DOES NOT DECIDE MY HAPPINESS LEVELS. I COULD BE HAPPY ON A 2-DAY INDIAN TREK BUT BE MISERABLE AFTER SPENDING 2-3 LAKHS ON A FOREIGN VACATION.

This is the kind of unnecessary splurging behavior that keeps people stuck in dead end law firm jobs. Also, goes without saying, I am middle class and I don't intend to "waste" my parents' money on foreign vacations.
Import-Export Legal Consultant here. 32 YO.

I've been to 100+ countries, mostly on work. I have 8 passports, all from different countries, and all in different names.

I am on first name terms with bartenders in BVI, Cayman Islands and Hong Kong.

I also own lots of property. I own apartments in Istanbul, Moscow, Shanghai, and Buenos Aires, all of which are untraceable to me.
26-Tier 1 Law Firm (Associate)- 0 countries.

Intended to keep it 0 for the next 3 years. Currently saving money to build a house. I come from a lower middle class family.
The level of privilege from which this question has been asked is startling. But life ain't Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, law ain't Wolf of Wall Street. They are jobs to sustain your family and a little extra savings. Not to party in the Bahamas.
38 y and 36 countries, all but one visited after I graduated. 1/3 of the countries possible because of family wealth, which funded a master's abroad too. 2/3 possible because of my own earnings as a lawyer. In both cases, I have my parents to thank. They deserve all the credit. My dad's family came as a refugee from Pakistan, with all their wealth looted by the Pakistanis.. He worked very hard in life and to give me a comfortable life. Many of the LI readers too will have such stories. Just be thankful that life is so much easier for us than previous generations and be grateful!