Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
if you are aiming for corporate job and consider yourself as a mediocre student then getting a tier 1 firm below gnlu is very hard . So GNLU ( But if you have different plans like judiciary or litigation then really the nlu doesn't matter.
If placements are a consideration then, keep your preferences as

1. NLSIU
2. NALSAR/NUJS
3. NLUS
4. NLUJ
5. GNLU/NLIU
6. HNLU

Below that, the placements aren’t so great. But NLU’s like RMLNLU, RGNUL, NLUO, NUALS provide good legal education nonetheless and are definitely among the top in the country.
Lol which fantasy world are you living in? RGNUL has one or two Tier 1 placements (source- www.rgnul.ac.in). NLUO is better than RGNUL but still single digits. HNLU Batch of 2021 had 14 Tier 1 placements. You'll have to combine 3 of your batches to get that ;)

I know you're upset and frustrated that you aren't getting any placements and your college's market value is 0. But that doesn't mean that you go around citing completely false facts. Try that again and get schooled.
Hahahaha trueee. Placement wise or not, RGNUL is one of the worst NLUs to join. My time there was a nightmare. Only thing that flourishes there is think India.
As an alumni of RGNUL - I can confirm that placements are pretty much non existent.

While few students will get PPOs on their own merit, the college cannot place more than 2 - 3 kids in tier 1.

RGNUL does place quite a few students in very small firms in Delhi and Chandigrah. However, compared the tier 1s, the salaries in those places are many folds down.

The quality of education in RGNUL is dismal. 9/10 professors are bumbling idiots. However, its a great place for drugs, alcohol, travelling and a chill-ish college life.

PS: Had loads of fun there.
RGNUL and NLUO has better placements than HNLU ? Hahahaha - only in your dreams !
If placement is criteria put NUJS at top. Job dilao yojana....sab ko mil jati hai
NLSIU, NLUD and NLUD (NIRF top 3) are in a different league, so consider dropping if you don't get into these colleges. Placements are not everything. Faculty, infrastructure and college life also matters. These NLUs are unbeatable on that.
Despite being from a supposedly different league, strangely these places don't do anything that the others don't. In fact, they don't even do it any better than the others.
You make it sound like NIRF rankings are legit, they are not. It could be one aspect in determining the college but not the only. :)
If placements are a consider, then you definitely can’t go wrong with either NLS, NALSAR/NLUD or NUJS.
If you don't make it to GNLU take a drop and try again. GNLU must be the aim and focus
Honestly brother, just go for any NLU you get. All of them provide super brand name and a good alumni base. For corp, it is suggested you go to MNLU if you don't get the top 3/4. Good placements and crowd, plus excellent city
Blatant falsehood. MNLU does not have even basic placement yet, let alone good placement.
There are stellar alum from MNLU. See for eg the founding editors of the Arbitration and Commercial Law Review. Within a short time, they have easily made a name for themselves in the academic space
Is that supposed to be a reflection of placement these days? Running a journal?
Stop trying to mislead people, MNLU Mumbai is a scam. The first batch (2020) had one Tier-I placement (SAM). Batch of 2021 is also almost the same. Batch of 2022 just has two PPOs as of now. NUALS and NLUO perform better than the joke MNLU is.
Honestly, if you want a corporate job, it doesn't matter. Even if you don't get a Tier-1 job out of college, you will get one eventually if you are good enough. And if you want to do litigation, it obviously doesn't matter. Don't waste a year of your life.
The easiest way to get into a tier 1 is through campus placement from college. Once you miss that boat, there's no certainty that you'd get a job, let alone a well paying one. Hence if I were to study law today, I won't go to any college which doesn't have a good campus placement record.
I don't know if you are just a student (without exposure) or a troll. As a PA is one of the tier 1 firms, I can confirm that even if a kid starts off with a really small firm, if he is focused on learning and is diligent, he will 100% get into a tier 1 firm within 2 years. Most people do it in a year.

The kid may have to take a cut in their experience, but in the larger picture that has no harm. As such, that is much better than losing a year preparing for CLAT.
Interesting. About to join a Law School. The hype these coaching institutes have created is mind-boggling.

Example:
Litigation - when one does not get placed
Corp - Only possible through Top NLUs.
Non-NLUs - Done with life

Only - as of now - Sahaj from TLOI speaks sense.
I am from one of the 'Big 4'. I still believe that's a stupid advice.