Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
What nonsense no. Let people do whatever they want. Who needs a survey of law students who smoke? We all know the dangers -most law students are adults. Let them be. This is like those idiots wanting to count the cigarette butts and condoms near jnu. What purpose does it serve?

In five years of law school I never saw anyone pressure anyone else to smoke. And if you put your body through all of that cause you want to fit in with your friends- you’re the idiot, don’t blame other folks.
Some of the girls in my college are really dumb. They think it is cool to smoke because Kylie Jenner and Bella Hadid do it, so they try to copy them. Forget the cancer risks for a moment. Smoking will ruin your skin and make you look old and wrinkled. So if you think you can attract guys by smoking it will have the opposite effect. Also, Kylie Jenner is a terrible role model to follow: she never completed school and has a new boyfriend every week. Don't have such low self-worth to copy her.
Not everything women do is to attract guys. Pretty sure our reasons for smoking/not smoking are the same as men and nothing to do with random celebrities.
Kylie Jenner is younger than you, has more fun than you and is a thousand times richer than your boss' boss.

Yes, please don't emulate her. Emulate Mr/Ms PA Cubicle who is sad, always tired and paying EMIs beyond their income.
Yeah I definitely agree , Kylie Jenner is the perfect role model for young kids.
Kylie Jenner is the worst possible role model for teens . Sad that 4.3 is promoting this plastic, materialistic and shallow girl.
It was meant to be sarcasm lol , I too am not a big fan of Kardarshians and the Jenners .
"plastic" as a negative thing, seriously?
"plastic" is the reason she should not be a rolemodel? Out of all the things, THAT'S what you felt the need to mention?
Yes, it's a negative thing. Stop stanning for Kylie. Having plastic surgery at a young age and living a lifestyle obsessed with fashion brands sends a bad message to teens and gives them body image issues. Also, her relationships with Tyga, Travis and Tristan set a very bad example for young girls. Copying from Wikipedia:

[i]In August 2014, Tyga was seen getting close with Jenner at her 17th birthday party. Days later, Tyga ended his relationship with Blac Chyna, his fiancΓ©e and the mother of his son.[88][89] In 2015, when she turned 18, Jenner and Tyga made their relationship official.[90][91] Jenner subsequently made appearances in two of Tyga's music videos, "Stimulated" and "Dope'd Up".[92] In April 2017, Jenner and Tyga broke up.[93]

In April 2017, Jenner was first seen with Travis Scott at Coachella.[94] On February 1, 2018, Jenner gave birth to their daughter, Stormi Webster.[95][96] Jenner appeared in the music video for "Stop Trying to Be God", from Scott's third studio album Astroworld.[97] They broke up in September 2019,[98][99] but quarantined together during the COVID-19 pandemic for the sake of their daughter.[100] On September 7, 2021, after weeks of speculation, Jenner revealed that she and Scott are expecting their second child.[101][102][103]

In 2012, Jenner and Jordyn Woods met through their mutual friend, Jaden Smith.[104] They were close friends, with Woods appearing in Jenner's 2017 reality TV show, Life of Kylie,[105] and Jenner's 2018 pregnancy video. In September 2018, Kylie Cosmetics launched the Kylie x Jordyn collection, a collaboration between the two friends.[106]

In 2019, Woods hooked up with Tristan Thompson, the boyfriend of Jenner's half-sister. This ended the friendship between Jenner and Woods,[107] and Jenner cut the price of her Woods-named lip kit after the scandal broke.[108]

[/i]
Is it necessary to smoke in order to gain access to certain social circles?
No. If you want the chai sutta gossip, it might involve passive smoking. No one will pressure you into smoking.
NUJS is very bad on this count. Students smoke openly inside campus and in hostels, blowing smoke rings. Rajnikanth wannabes.
5 years in one of these "top tier" law schools. Didn't smoke a single time and I was never pressurized by anyone (seniors included to state the obvious). And I was close friends with a lot of people who did smoke. They didn't care about whether I smoked or not, as long as I didn't care about whether they smoked or not. Most people were nice enough to make sure the smoke wasn't coming in my direction.
You will be constantly offered a smoke especially if they know that you don't smoke yet. People won't force it down your throat but it will always be nothing happens in one drag bro.
You will be told how smoking can help you network with associates/PAs/Partners, get you in the inner circle and get you that job. Of course, the wise ones at LI will say this is not peer pressure, but it is maybe not that overt but it is there. Avoid it, I and several others landed a job without having to smoke. Don't do it if you don't feel like doing it. Irrespective of what kool-aid they try to give you, smoking has zilch tangible benefits. There is nothing I repeat nothing except for getting lung cancer that you can't do without smoking which you would have achieved with smoking.