Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I've a budget of around 70-80k for a new device but I'm confused what would fetch me more, a laptop or tablet. I can even buy both of mediocre level, I'm really confused. Initially I thought of buying a mac air but then, when I indulged into researching I got distracted by different products. Any sort of help would be highly appreciated! ;)
Invest in a solid good laptop. It will go a long way in making sure you have a smoth and peaceful ride at law school. Don't buy mediocre.
Please don't buy into the iPad hype and just get a good business laptop (Ultrabook) from any reputed PC Brand.

If you have an iPhone already I would recommend you to get the latest M1 powered MacBook Air. (It is a bit over your budget tho)

I have had good experiences with Lenovo devices, the worst device I ever used was a HP laptop.

Doing case research and other things on an iPad or any tablet for that matter is very difficult. I have personally tried using my iPad for SCC online and my experience was sub-par, EBC reader does not even open on tablets and phones.

For 70-80k you can easily get an AMD Ryzen 7/ Intel i7 powered Windows laptop with a minimum of 8 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD.

Make sure that the laptop has good battery life with around 50 watt hours of capacity (in case of Ultrabooks)

A suggestion would to to not buy 15 inch laptops but go with 13/14 inch ones. They are much more portable and aesthetically pleasing.

Also, Please don't buy a gaming laptop, you'll regret your decision. (Telling from personal experience)
Don't buy an Apple Product. It looks better and you will be treated better by some money obsessed friends.

It's highly incompatible with every other device. Spares are difficult/expensive. You have a lot of restrictions on each and every thing you do - you can't install softwares etc.

If you have 70K. I suggest you get a think pad. You can use it aggressively for upto 8 years. It's rugged.

Note - thinkpad is bad for gaming.