Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
I have an upcoming internship at Parinam Law Associates. Please can someone let me know if they hire freshers, how is their work culture and what is their fresher pay? I would be very thankful.
Focus on your internship first. That's the problem with you people. Impatient. If you do good work only then you will get a job.
Absolutely right. Before the firm even assesses the work of interns, they are thinking about pay. Its likely one doesn't get a job too. First get it and then assess your options. Not that you have any yet
Instead of trolling the kid, you could answer the first two questions, if you knew the answer. They are genuine questions. But no, people have to act cocky.
Focassed and Fortis - Why should he "do good work" or "first get it" before asking these questions. He wants to know if they hire freshers. Why should he intern at place that doesn't hire freshers if his focus is to get a job?

Alternately, if he figures now that the fresher pay is 10k a month, maybe it doesn't work for him (in light of loans to pay, family's financial status etc.), so why should he go intern there? The smarter thing may be find another internship that works for him.
Every firm hires freshers. That would be the stupidest question! Unless a firm already has abundant freshers, every firm hires freshers
Not true. I didn't get PPO at Tier 2 law firm because there was no vacancy for freshers.
Work is amazing (due to the A list clients they have) but stressful. Some interns do become associates after being there as a para-legal. Culture is bad. Little bit toxic and too political at the Partner/Decision making level. But Most of Interns and associates are very amenable and tight amongst each-other. still there are 2-3 people who report the conversations amongst associates to the Partners on a daily reporting basis (may even be recorded in their timesheets). Pay is okay for a tier III firm. I believe for litigation it is 45,000 (in hand) for a fresher. Pay, culture and satisfaction wise - not as great as other firms in the same segment, but not so bad if you are left with no other choices because of the work which you will get to do.
Summarizes PLA well. If you show sincerity, dedication and inclination to stretch yourself even a little for your work, they will make sure they squeeze the living daylight out of you (if you see quality work and exposure as a reward then, it may even work for you). Pay is okay, stress will be maximum if you're one of those people who likes a challenge. PLA does give freshers' a fair chance if your work speaks for itself, although a good recommendation never hurt anyone.
Agree with the politics part, I was a secretary to the Senior Partner there and people were super stressed but had enough time to do politics and extremely toxic even though the firm isn't famous and a reputed one.
[...] When I joined another law firm, I was told that they had taught me drafting all wrong. I had to relearn everything and the partner kept shouting at me. Then he asked me where I learnt to draft. I told him someone at PLA taught me and then I heard the greatest "TABHI!" of my life.