Read 120 comments as:
Filter By
I really need the stipend money to buy formal clothing and other accessories for my final year of law student. Do you have any suggestions, preferably places that have paid a stipend even during online internships, because that kinda implies that the physical ones will also be paid? I know that this is a wrong strategy but I still need formal shirts, pants, shoes, belts and I don't want to pester my parents
Khaitan & Co. paid a stipend seven years ago when I had interned there.
All Tier-1s I have interned with recently have paid me. Some T2 firms also pay.
SAM pays its interns?
I interned a few months back, didn’t get any!
Trilegal paid 7500 per week when i interned there more than a decade ago
Go for TT&A, they have a really good virtual internship programme and they also pay their interns well (I received 10K/month as a stipend)
Wrong, I got in last year with a good application and no follow up. They require you to fill a long SOP style questionnaire.
Can you shed light on TT&A's PPO/recruitment policy, if you got an idea? I had asked this on a separate thread but received no response. Thanks!
As per my understanding (ex-intern and through experiences of fellow interns), they generally provide a PPO form to your while interning depending on how they like the work. They're an expanding firm punching above their weight class and fighting for the top, so it's a good chance if you perform well, you could get a chance at a PPO.
I also applied and got the internship via the questionnaire, the internship is supposed to offline however they have not mentioned any stipend in the confirmation email & I am a little embarrassed to ask. How was your experience ?
Kian/R, please label 5.1 as facts contested. They have taken on many interns with strong applications (and zero contacts).
That is not true at all. They have a questionnaire on their website that one needs to fill in order to be considered for an internship. The process is pretty transparent.
Absolutely not. TT&A has the least amount of transparency. I haven't seen people from other than NUJS get Internships there and trust me I know this when I'm saying this. I know people with excellent applications being rejected because they don't even sniff applicants from other NLUs. There's some form of NUJS monopoly working there and it's disgusting. It's nevertheless a great firm and its their choice to take whichever interns they want to, but i wouldn't glorify them the way the previous few comments have.
I personally know two students from NALSAR and NLUJ who have interned with TTA since the pandemic.
TTA not only pays stipend but the internship there is a great learning experience compared to the paper pusher training give by Tier 1s.Most people prefer a Tier 1 for internship but its terrible strategies because you don't learn anything except office politics at a Tier1.And unlike the two faced claims,Tier 1 is all about contacts and "fixing" matters.TTA is not like that.
They haven't given my stipend yet lmao, the HR leaving in June really messed their system up. It's 2 months delayed now.....
I did my trilegal internship in june 2021 still I didn't get my stipend or certificate yet .
I did my internship in July 2021 and still haven't received my certificate and stipend.
Does Trilegal pay for internships this amount ?Who got Rs16,000?They don't care to train you property in internship, then how cone such a high stipend?I think this is bogus
It pays the same now. Rs.100 per day is not justified when you're earning a hell lot of money
Luthra used to pay 20k stipend. Not sure if it's the same scene now. But yeah, most of us did that internship for some $$$$
RKL really kept Luthra thriving.He was big geartrd Punjabi able to handle so much , incl the Split/Saraf episode.
Same month, 6k lol. Is there a difference between teams or something?
Stipend is performance-based at Indus, one might even receive 10K depending upon his/her performance.
Hey!

Any idea when do they pay and am I needed to follow up with the HR? I interned at the Hyderabad office and its been almost a month now. Am I needed to send a follow up mail or just wait patiently.?
ELP pays around/ upwards of 10k per month. Dont recall exactly but you'll either get 10 or 12.5 if you're in the fourth year, and 12.5 or 15 if youre in the fifth year. It's either one of the figures but it's been a while so can't recall the exact ones

Not sure whether they take (any) merit application
can vouch for this, 3rd year interned at ELP, was paid 10k
4th-5th years were paid 12.5k
Here are what the firms paid their virtual interns during pandemic.
Khaitan & Indus pay 7.5k.
Trilegal pays 16K.
Luthra & Saraf pay 10k.
SAM pays 4.5k
Cam & azb haven't given virtualinternships till July, that aren't contact based so no way to know.
CAM and AZB both are contacts based.They can't even fight their cases they rely on contacts of senior Coubsels that are well known to the Courts so that they can try to get some orders.
Does IndusLaw provide an internship through the mail ID given on their website? I see some batchmates interning there all of whom have gotten in through a contact
Yes, i got an internship offer from mailing on their mail ID on the website.
This conversation should ideally be a wake up call for firms who don't pay out stipends.
Have a fixed + performance based model if you feel that interns are not adding much value or have not worked enough. But do understand that most of us need it for genuine needs like buying formals, books, paying rent (in case of internships in metro cities) etc.

Also while we are discussing internships, can you all please start taking in atleast few interns every month who do not come in through contacts? Like let the interns with contacts join in and have a good time, while people like us can get the real work done.
Too bad for you because interns with contacts join to get the work done and have a good time. It’s called having your cake and eating it too. Something you’ll never know about, sadly.
I had an intern join M&A team where I worked. He came in through contacts.

He was so incompetent and his research was so off the mark that we decided to just leave him alone to read CA bare acts.

He also made spelling mistakes and didnt correct them even after specifying (proffessional, Asperants etc).

Horrible experience.
Was this only for physical interns or is this still applicable (and a specific location or all locations)?
P&A Law Offices pay 10k per month to their interns, but they make sure they keep you up in the nights for it.
Great deal of learning though.
They told us that for offline internships P&A used to pay 10K but have stopped it for online internships.
I don't know who the "they" you're referring to are, but I interned with them online and received my full stipend (10k) in the very first week of the next month. The same has been the case with my co-interns.

Tbh, their virtual internship programme is just as rigorous because I've had multiple Teams calls at 10/11PM and hard deadlines at 8AM. In this light, there is no reason for them to not pay their virtual interns, and thankfully, they recognise the same.
Highest should be S&R or Touchstone. S&R pays 12k for 4 weeks and Touchstone (allegedly) pays 25k.
Touchstone pays 10k for 4 weeks for a physical internship. No stipend for virtual interns.
got mine after one month of getting done w the internship. had to remind the HR though once.
Saraf pays depending on your college. There is no transparency and people from private institutions get paid less.
Titus and co. in Delhi pays 10k + more according to work you do. At least we did when I interned.
The founder paid me 1000, part of which were my travel expenses but she told me that I'd be on stipend if I wish to intern again. So, it's based on your performance.
I Know this for a fact that Sarvada Legal pays 10k/ month to its interns.
Its completely performance and team based. I know someone who worked there for 2 months and received 10k and and another person who worked there for a month an received 7k.
Took bank details almost two and a half months ago, yet to receive stipend.
Send a follow-up or make a call to the HR. Did the same and received it almost immediately.
Does L&S ,Delhi pay interns? and how much approx? My internship starts there shortly.
Rajani Associates pays 5k as stipend. Not a lala lawfirm but a boutique in south Mumbai primarily focused on Capital Markets, had a great experience there.
Kaise mila dude, I'm applying for years but the hr doesn't reply and gets super rude and toxic on calls, but I see random 3rd yrs get call back internships there?
Rajani is solely merit based unless ofcourse you have someone (client/insider) that can make things easy for you. Personally know of a second year student from Symbi Pune interning in their Capital Markets team without having any references; due to his strong CV and constant follow ups. Rajani also has a great work life balance policy wherein weekends are off and work usually ends by 7 pm everyday. However, the firm is very picky since there are only 3 interns selected each month. Definitely a great place to intern and learn the ropes. Good luck!
Quillon pays 15k across all offices. Stipend is performance based. Interned there feb ‘23. (Performance based stipend is the trend there so to speak but really you have to be exceptionally bad to not get it)
How much does saraf pays??? Does it pays to every intern even with contacts??