Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Can you tell me for Hyderabad and Bangalore offices? Thank you so much
Hyderabad is good. It's the top firm there. Every office operates separately. Blr is ok. Manav was doing really good corporate work and had some excellent clients on the funds sure, but after his move to SAM, not sure how much corporate work is there. (D......) Is too laid back and not enough cutting edge work. More real estate. If you have a choice, first choose hyd, then Blr.
What is their pay at A0 level in the Disputes Team. Also how is their arbitration practice
Do they give assessment internships? How many students do they hire in a year ?
Tatva Bangalore and Hyderabad is above average. They have a good corporate team. Only Mumbai has a disputes team, which is ok ok nothing great, more real estate focussed. Chennai office has a very bad work culture. The litigation in charge is extremely toxic and the attrition rate is insane. He has a character of gas lighting his juniors and is also known to pass casteist and derogatory remarks about other advocates. Would not suggest the Disputes team. The corporate partner in Chennai is pretty fine.
I know about Hyderabad, as I used to work there. It is true that rest of the offices act like independent firms. Tatva does not even have a single website for all its offices, the website is only for Hyderabad office.

In terms of salaries - what I observed was that for freshers, salaries ranged from anywhere between 25-35k. This year they has been some increase in this. I've heard freshers getting 7 L per annum, but not sure if it's true. At lateral levels, the situation is very different, as there are no set standards for A1, A2, A3. Which results in sometimes A3 earning lesser than A2. For laterals, it boils down to your last drawn retainer.

It's a pools systems there - which kind of feels like a mechanism to deal with shortfall on the real estate p