Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Heard it's started/owned by a Foreign Citizen (white man it seems) from England? What's it's story. How can someone with no Indian experience build one of the best legal websites in this country?

Is it about to be bankrupt/stopped - no recent posts unlike in the past?

As a first generation law student I am always thankful to them.
I know Kian owns it but I would like to know the story behind Legally India.
Only Kian owns all of LI?Are there no other owners or partners?
“ one of the best legal websites in this country?”

The site updated twice a month! I receive my IGL bill more often than updates on LI!
LI was once the market leader and way ahead of B&B, but B&B is today miles ahead as it has managed greater funding and also got backup from certain powerful lobbies. The lack of articles on LI makes it obvious that all is not well. LI is now just a forum for law students.

In my view, LI should do one of the following:

1. Merge with Pagal Guy. It would be a perfect match. Pagal Guy is focused only on MBA students. LI can help Pagal Guy expand.

2. Merge with edexlive.com or LiveWire. Another possible great match and can also led to mainstream media coverage, since the New Indian Express owns edexlive and the Wire owns LiveWire.

3. Change the interface and become a 100% message board site. The current interface is not in a message board format.
All your analysis is premised on "lack of articles on LI". Kian made it pretty clear that they are not publishing right now because of the lack of clarity due to the government's intermediary regulations.
Lack of articles is due to change in government regulations. Entities with foreign holdings are not allowed to publish news anymore. This is the reason Yahoo News and Yahoo sports shut their websites.
Please do not merge LI with Livewire! It is a 100% leftist propaganda website like the parent the Wire.