Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
No. You need soft skills and practical work experience more than bookish knowledge. What's the point of DD Basu ratta if you can't research on SCC?
Difficult only because of the tremendous amount of rote memorization involved, not qualitatively, sorry.
It is a combination of both rote plus logic, but largely rote learning. Tried to answer in 1.1.1.
This was true before 2021. The pattern has changed now. You need to memorize + use logic.
Legally India’s comment in 3.1 has been marked trollish. Now I have seen everything. πŸ˜‚
Does LegallyIndia have a moderator now? Kian's initials don't have an 'R'
May be some camie wasn't happy w the new hike, and joined Kian in search of better WL balance.
Probably the same whining guy who has been complaining about work from office in cam on multiple threads
As someone working in the Indian Corporate Law Services and not been able to make IAS, I can tell you that yes it is mostly rote learning and partly logic application. Obviously someone who is dumb but can otherwise memorise an entire book will not be able to clear the exam.

For eg I cleared CLAT in my first attempt. Along with UPSC I cleared CAT with 98 percentile. I chose civil services for my personal reasons, but could have been in an IIM. So I assume that I am an otherwise a smart candidate, with great GK, presence of mind, logical and mathematical aptitude. The only thing that prevented me from becoming IAS was that I could not capture large chunks of information in my head. My answers would not have data that someone like Tina Dabi could throw away at the drop of a hat. I failed to clear prelims on two occasions again because of the same thing. Had it been a test of just aptitude or logic I would have cleared it. But it is more than that. May be rightly so.