Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Mumbai mein ghar hai? Ghar par sab financially theek hai to afford Mumbai rent?Haan? Toh GLC.
Nahi, toh ILS.
ILS anyday.
Universities of both colleges f[-]d up so education wise it's similar. No college life in GLC. Intern since first year and have only a specific group of people to interact with. Plus it's filled up with good for nothing snobs. ILS has a way better culture and has one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Also Pune life is much much better for a college student. The only thing better with GLC is maybe its alumni base but honestly you'll need to work your way out yourself from both colleges.
I need to know if the academics of both these colleges aren't so good, how they still provide better placements (regardless of ppo/on campus) than newer NLUs? I've heard they are preferred just after tier 2 NLUs why is that?
Placement depends on education??!! What are you on? It depends much more on how much you intern and write and how good you can build your CV. GLC peeps have all the liberty to intern, it being in Mumbai with no attendance requirement. Good ILS people intern during holidays, which are given a lot (both pre and post exams). As both colleges are super old with legacy, getting good internships is not that tough (at least in Maharashtra and to some extent even in Delhi). Ultimately, the people who get placed from these colleges are the ones who have built a good CV over the 4/5 years plus people from Mumbai have some or the other sort of contacts more often than not. It has nothing to do with the "education" that these colleges provide.
I need to know if the academics of both the colleges are not so good how do they still give better placements(regardless ppo/on campus) than newer NLUs