Read 98 comments as:
Filter By
Is there anyone at PA 1 who has got 60? I heard 58 is the highest.
Also do tell what’s the band for PA1s in the PF team ? Hearing crazy numbers - 48 - 49 being the starting point and going upto 60!!! Is this true ???! 9-10 lakh difference in the same band is shocking!!!
60L no one that I know of. A comment above reports 58L but I know the highest at 52. Common range is 48-52.

It's nowhere close to the B&B figures.
The PA band doesn’t correspond to the Bar and Bench one clearly
As PA1 at SAM, I am making 34.5 fixed and 18.5 bonus. How does it compare to average CAM increments? Is there also lots of variation at SAM?
Does anyone know the A3 band and whether people have actually received the highest (33l, I think)?
Does that mean the hike is lower than what was announced earlier?

Earlier, A1 was announced at 21 Lakhs and now it seems thay A1 is at 19 LPA.
No. Within each band, there are sub-bands based on rating. So this person must have had a decent/good rating, the 21 goes tot he ones with the highest possible rating (which will be few in the firm working in high billing team AND having a good rep)
When you say 'few', could you please indicate how many in number? Just 1-2 or atleast 10-12?
That is very team specific, revenue generation etc as well. But typically there are a few at the top rating wise in a team, few good but not great, and the rest average.
Have not come across any colleague who is receiving more than 19l. The creation of these sub-bands at associate-level (without any accompanying transparency) plays in favour of the management, as it creates speculation that at least a few must be earning the highest possible figures. However, unless the firm puts out a press release stating the highest salaries under each band, it is advisable to go with the figures that you have heard from the associates. Please note that B&B figures (exact amounts) were not confirmed by the firm then and they were qualified by the term "up to".
But I have seen that the highest figures have been given - it is just that as expected with the Amarchands, it comes with a rider that it is on a steep bell curve basis
The highest figure to how many.....thats the catch.Thts why probably the announcement to the whole world through media with these highest numbers was not followed up with official firm wide announcement internally to retainers.It was done by individual letters to the employees.Almost makes me feel sorry for associates.
"steep" is an understatement when you see 9 rating categories with discretion ofc.
cAN someone from CAM clarify when will the bonus calculated on pro rated basis from April 2021 to September 30 for the new A1s will be given? Please!
Bonus will be given in March 2022 only - both for the April-Sept and Oct-Mar period. It's just that the calculation of bonus for the Apr-Sept period will be as per old payband. So it's just a way of giving you 25% less bonus in March 2022.

Add to that, the bonus in March 2022 will be 90% of the total payout. The remaining 10% will be paid out in July 2022. This was done deliberately to make people not quit after receiving bonus and to hang around till July.
sono diwali bonus or anything now to hang in for 6 more months at SCAM?
Then I think CAMs salary cut of 6 months last year that got rolled back has re-rolled in by this form of bonus 10% holding back.CAM must have be having the worst attrition rate ever if it's come down to this.
It seems like there is news that CAM holds back some parts of salary or bonus to pay later, is this to control/postpone attritions? Does this strategy actually work - how many ppl would wait to put in their resignations only after recovering bonus/arrears etc?
Sub-bands always existed in CAM. What are u talking! A 5H person will always get paid more than a 5M or 4H. It’s fair also.
Hey, can you please tell us what each of these ratings mean? And what are the metrics, if its not too much to ask.
It's just scales based on the internal assessment system. 1-5 with 5 being the highest. L to H (low, medium high) with H being the highest.
That's 19L. But not everyone has gotten that. Some have received a 15.3 + 2.7 L break up too - which is 18L.
Excellent revision by CAM. Associates should not have problem with work from office now.
Jo aap bol rahe hain, voh aap khud sun paa rahe hain?
What has the yearly increment to do with impending third wave and the risks associated with it?
Not everyone responds ONLY to financial stimuli.
Kuch lakhon ke liye zindagi gawa denge,
ab itne bi saste mat bano saiyan ji!
The only set happy about this benchmarking is the management - killing two birds with one arrow - advertise to the world that we will become best payers then add so many contingencies in the increment that each resource looses 20-30% of his/her legitimate entitlement. It’s an excellent outcome for the firm.

A mass exodus is imminent next summer. 75-80% of the resource pool is frustrated with all hopes and no outcomes. Also why such extreme distinction between bands when you are offering no more than 5-10% effective increase?
Low Pay is part of talent attraction strategy I guess.Why the logic prevails that talented ppl should be paid less is beyond my understanding but for now you console yourself that when they are announcing bumper hikes in media and paying you only 5-10 % effective hike they must think you are super talented.
New salary will be credited in September. This month eveyone got old salary.
So everyone going gala looking at the numbers post benchmarking are mistaken.

These are the few deductions:
(i) arrears (April 1 - Sep 30) will be paid at the levels prior to benchmarking - a deduction of around 10-15%
(ii) bonuses - benchmarked bonuses will be paid only for 6 months beginning from October - another 15% deduction
(iii) for associates the firm is carrying deferring 10% of variable component (15% for SAs and 20% for PAs) to next year payable on July 31, 2022 - either you take 15% hit or never leave the firm.

So even if you are in the top band (suppose 42 lakhs for SA1 or 50 for SA2), you will make 35-36 for SA1 and 42 for SA2. THIS IS BEST CASE SCENARIO and majority don't have these numbers. It is not an increment at all. All show no action.
I'm a lower band SA1 and my math tell me I'll be making roughly 30 after all this creative math, if I complete another year here. That's not really much of a hike then.
After this rather disappointing increment after all that announcement, I'm tho going to the smaller platform.
At PA level, isn't there a 60:40 split for fixed and variable components? Isn't is standard across the firm? I am surprised at the split offered to you.
Yeah, at PA infact the variable bonus increases substantially as opposed to your fixed fees.
No, it varies. 60:40 is the norm but 65:35 and in some case even 70:30.
Can anyone confirm the increments
Fixed + variable for A0, A1 A2 &
A3. Is it the same as they announced on Bar & Bench ? ( 16, 21, 26 & 33)
Nowhere even close to that. Approximate figures are (against the B&B figures):

A0: 15L as against 16L

A1: 18-19L as against 21L

A2: 21-22L as against 26L

A3: 24L-26L as against 33L.

Plus, no arrears from April to September (basically you worked as an A1 at A0 salary). Plus, new rates effective from Oct. So, for the first half of FY21-22, you receive pro rata of old bonus. For the second half, you received pro rata of new bonus.
This is not correct entirely - people have gotten those higher figures mentioned in BB. It is just that there are steep variations within the bands based on rating/performance. But yes, the other parts on half year etc. are true.
A3 here, can confirm. This is nowhere near the hike published on B and B and I'm yet to find a colleague who will be getting the full 33L payout. I'll be topping out at around 22.
Buddhu banaya,bada mazaa aaya.Ab samajh aaya kyun official internal announcement nahi karvaya,bas media ko bada bada figures bataya aur buddha banaya, bada.............Ha ha ha ha
Some error in this data. The figures mostly depend on the performance. I am an A2 and I am getting 24 lac/ annum.

ALSO, I am getting my arrears (For April- September period) with September, 2021 salary.
Hi since all cammies are here, I applied for an internship at your place and recieved an email from the hr asking me to fill some details in a table based on which my application was to be considered. I haven’t heard back. After how much time should I send a follow up? Pls bata do
That's lower than the last band. Are you sure? Are you speaking of the first half of the year in the artificial distinction they created? I know A3s with 33
From the comments it seems that PF has given the highest increments. More than other practice areas. Is this true?
Someone from inside please confirm the breakup for A0s? Is it 16+2?
Nahi bhai, kyun baar baar rahe ho. It's not 16+2 for any A0. It is 15 only. May be increased to 16 for the next incoming batch of A0s.
What's the monthly salary that A0s have recieved this month? Someone plz tell
bands written by no prospect are true - large distinction
A2 - 21 (including bonus)
How do you feel if a store put a discount of 90% on 1 item and project it as if all are on same discount %? This is what has happened. Giving a good hike to one and projecting to the world as if they are best pay master. Haha.. This is what Mrs Shroff has done. Played smart but don’t think this will work well. It’s more like a suicide act.
I love the reference you used. This is so apt comparison. Firm has lost all its credibility by acting so smart ;)
How do you feel?it feels like you have been duped by store.But when it's by your own employer, you feel duped and angry.
Hello LI Readers,
As I am an A2, I can just speak for this level. The increments are as follows according to your rating:

3L: 18 Lakhs
3M: 19 Lakhs
3H: 20 Lakhs
4L: 21 Lakhs
4M: 22 Lakhs
4H: 23 Lakhs
5L: 24 Lakhs
5M: 25 Lakhs
5H: 26 Lakhs

For A2, majority is 22-23 lakhs but people with 5H rating have gotten 26 lakhs.

This is how the salary is decided according to the rating so similarly it can be calculated for any level.
Ye kaisa sawal hai?
Abb kya industry and data analysis bhi karna hoga?
It is team specific and performance based, there is no %age that can be estimated without knowing each individual's rating, which is of course not public.
It’s one thing for lawyers to assessed in an annual review, it’s wholly another thing to be assigned ratings in this manner.
I have not come across any other firm/org which has 9 ratings for 1 year evaluation.. On what grounds will you be distinguishing between L M H? Is there any SOP in place to help partners put someone in any of these 9 buckets?
Everything is so much people based (human discretion) than process based, that if if someone even try to raise his/her concerns or voice for a right thing, injustice will always prevail and no way to take an action against it.
Why do you even need 9 ratings??? What are you trying to achieve out of this? This is crap and complicated? Firm's employees are human beings not experiments that you should have 9 ratings for evaluation and with a gap of 8 lacs between highest and lowest. That's a big gap and a demotivation factor for masses.
This entire rating process is a big failure on the Leadership. I hope sanity prevails.
9 rating buckets for appraisal?You sure are being experimented to test the levels of tolerance to cruelty under the name of appraisal.
Going by the comments and the revelation of numbers differing from B&B,imo the headline should be scam in increments revealed.
The saddest part is that by taking out that B&B article the expectations were raised so much that I who has actually received around 40% increment and almost highest in the team at first felt let down.

If you disregard the B&B announcement it feels ok.

I have a lot of respect for Boss, and I would really hope that this discrepancy should be addressed. We trusted your words, not rumours not hearsay but an official press release made by our leadership.

The shroff’s need to realise that trust is a two way street. [-]

You call us ungrateful for not standing up for the firm in LI bashing…. Tell us have you treated us with respect?

After the worst attrition year… you are encouraging even your most loyal to leave you. You are bleeding talent ( you scolded us by saying bad management leads to losing trained assets) because of your bad gimmicks.

Boss and Maam need to reconnect and rebuild the relationship with more than the partners. Like they used to.
The conv. thread of "CAM increments revealed" gets one all excited, only to discover the conv is all at asking ech other what is the increments."CAM increments revealed!! To no one!!" Is a better headline to the conv.
Ask the media outlets where it was announced.or Ask HR.or Ask Partner.