Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
Every1 is talking about the drastic changes made at Hnlu , does the college have potential to break into top5(considering that gnlu has only 19/152 unreserved seats now)?
Top 5 will come in time if the current pace of change can be sustained. In the short (5 year) term, HNLU can cement its place in the leagues of NLIU,GNLU and NLUJ considering placements and mooting prospects alone.
I want to consider the placement scene. HNLU would have to release its full stats for that first though.
The LinkedIn profile of HNLU regularly puts out updates about placements and moot wins. You can find your information there :)
You can also find the Recruitment stats of every year on HNLU's website.
I did. The data didn't seem to give a complete picture. Even based on whatever is there already, don't see it giving competition to the likes of NLIU, GNLU, NLUJ or NLUD, let alone NLSIU, NALSAR or NUJS anytime soon.
With the stellar registrar (and I literally mean it, not trolling) who turned the tables for IIT KGP law school in his previous role, the administration is in right hands.
The competition for HNLU is tough considering the pace of NLUO. Both have a new VC now time will only tell.
There was a time, not long ago, when HNLU was the dream destination of every law student/aspirant in the country. Given the initial crop of students the institution produced, it was but destined that it would go on to become the most preferred law university in the country in times to come. The upward trend of HNLU was contagious to most and worrying to some. Things, however, did not continue the way many had projected and, with an evil gaze cast upon the University coupled with the Sukhpal regime, HNLU just couldn't live up to the high expectations of its well-wishers.

Things, now, though are looking better than ever before. With a visionary VC helming the affairs, a solid faculty in place post the recent recruitment, many research collaborations/centres in the pipeline, multiple student-run journals commencing, an exchange semester programme at top institutions abroad, a strong and dedicated student community, and a lot many other things happening, trust me when I say this: HNLU will break into the top 5 in the next five years and regain its long-lost pride.

Take me at my words right now; I'll give you the stats in a couple of years.
The way HNLU has shown a progressive growth in a short span is quite remarkable. Their progress can be traced by the multiple initiatives launched by the administration and students collectively. The recent rankings reveal that it will certainly rupture the position of top NLUs (most prob. NLIU) to cement its spot in Top 5.
I feel terrible for the people who opt for NLU's like RMLNLU, MNLU and many others which are below HNLU anyday. These innocent chaps don't know what they are getting into. I would not say that HNLU has reached the pinnacle at the moment, but certainly is in the good position and moving ahead with a dynamic growth.

The places like RMLNLU, MNLU, Symbi Pune, RGNUL, NLUO cannot compete with Hnlu even in their freaking dreams. It is advisable for CLAT aspirants to opt for HNLU at par with GNLU anyday owing to its progressive nature (one should keep NLIU below HNLU). In 2 years down the line, it will regain its position again like the one it had in 2008. Therefore an aspirant should rather prefer to be in a dynamic and innovative law school like HNLU rather than a law school which have been and will be dormant for years to come.
There are more partners and senior lawyers from Symbi Pune than there are associates from HNLU in the industry. Just saying.
I would hope so considering symbiosis had 26* batches out already by the time HNLU was established xD. Light lo bro. No need to get upset about ground realities right?

*i’m as bad at math as the next lawyer + didn’t care to google when symlaw started offering the 5 year course so it is possible that the number of batches is more considering that they only offered the three year course pehle
Lol please come out of the cave you’re living in. Batch of 2021 alone saw 5 getting placed in AZB and 6 in Khaitan, let alone the other firms like S&R, Trilegal hiring one each. Batch of 22 is set on the same path. And about partner level alumni, please do your research, you’d know how grossly wrong your statement is :)
GLC has more law firm partners and senior lawyers than NLS. Does it make it a better college? I hope you aren't a lawyer yet with that level of argumentation. Comparing an institute established in 1977 with an institute established in 2003 speaks volumes about the rapid growth and potential of HNLU. When HNLU is also 45 years old, we'll see who stands where.

Since you were "just saying" something, I'll also "just say" this: Every HNLU student can get into SLS but every SLS student can't get into HNLU ;) In fact they can only dream about it.

Jiska kahin nahi hota, uska SLS hota hai, don't you ever forget that.
With this analogy I am highly doubtful whether SLS Pune will be able to continue this trend or not. My answer was related to the futuristic growth of the law school good for a Clat aspirant. Anyways I agree to the fact that GLC, DU, ILS and many reputed state law universities have much more partners and senior advocates than any NLU and private law college including SLS but that doesn't mean that those universities are also excelling in the current era.

Ofc Alumni base gives you a considerable cushion but it's not enough, that's the reason as to why the conventional colleges are facing hard time in competing with the contemporary law schools. Frankly speaking I haven't explored any stellar news on any blog or on your official platform related to SLS stellar placement records in recent years, it would be great if you may please share the placement report of your college for few years so that aspirants can witness the greatness of SLS and how your alleged alumni base has helped you in securing jobs for Symbians. As far as I am aware, around 220 people sat from the class of 2021 for Day zero in SLS out of which only 25 were able to bag jobs, majority of them being LPO's. Fyi HNLU offers much more placement figures and prospects with around 70 people opting for recruitment opportunities, request you take troubles in browsing the placement statistics on HNLU website (idk but why SLS hides that). Moreover those statistics don't include PPO's in it. However, I believe that SLS will exploit its magnificent alumni base in years to come, before it drains out with the existing partners and lawyers because a sailing motor boat is way better than a drowning titanic. Just Saying
One should NLIU below HNLU? Are you crazy? NLIU is at par with GNLU and NLUJ. And NLUJ/NLIU/NLUJ are league apart. HNLU is nowhere closer to these.

CAM alone recruits from each of these colleges more numbers than total placements at HNLU.

This year there are just 7 AZB placements in tier firms. Possibly, 2/3 other PPOs. That's all. NLIU is possibly 6/7 times better than this.
Not sure about the top 5 but things are certainly getting better with the advent of new administration. Even the performance of current batches in terms of securing internships/placements and mooting has been getting consistently better. Check their Linkedin page and you’d see what I mean.

Maybe not just now but if this growth continues, few years down the line, we may see HNLU standing at par with GNLU/NLIU/NLUJ etc.
A VC can make or break an NLU. HNLU is extremely lucky to have VCV. In fact, he had applied to NUJS but the Mamata Banerjee govt wanted their own person, so he landed up at HNLU. But the risk is that he may leave for NALSAR or NLUJ or NLIU or MNLU in future.
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of the future one - most of the answers here have missed that. HNLU will break into the top 5 or not - only time will tell.
Guys should I take HNLU or RMLNLU I have choice of both? Isn't rml campus better
I fail to understand how HNLU is moving towards NLIU, when even last year, CAM alone hired 12 people from NLIU. If I am not wrong, HNLU failed to place even 10 people in T1 firms (including LnL & SnP). NLIU places more people in T1 firms than the entire number of people being placed in HNLU (among all firms and cos).
HNLU can compete with NLIU?GNLU someday, but it is class apart from NUJS/NLUJ.
But yes, HNLU is doing well.